bug classification

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug classification

pcav
Hi all.
While cleaning up the bug queue, I find sometimes difficult to classify
bugs into one of the categories, eg the recent fTools bug should go to
plugins (it *is* a plugin bug) or to python (again, it *is* in python).
More generally, I think there are perhaps too many categories, and the
limits between them are sometimes ambiguous.
How about reclassifying them, reducing the number of cats?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug classification

Tim Sutton-4
Hi


On 30 Apr 2009, at 5:36 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi all.
> While cleaning up the bug queue, I find sometimes difficult to  
> classify
> bugs into one of the categories, eg the recent fTools bug should go to
> plugins (it *is* a plugin bug) or to python (again, it *is* in  
> python).
> More generally, I think there are perhaps too many categories, and the
> limits between them are sometimes ambiguous.
> How about reclassifying them, reducing the number of cats?
> All the best.

Yes I also think simpler is always better - do you have a suggestion  
for a new classification?

Regards

Tim


> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-developer mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer

_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug classification

Maxim Dubinin
In reply to this post by pcav
As mentioned bug-report was mine, I am +1 for removing Python
category (bringing my bug back to plugins), I think it is ambiguous.
User is not always aware of whether the plugin he was using was
written in Python or C++. Devs, not bug-reporter should care about the language.

Maxim

PC> Hi all.
PC> While cleaning up the bug queue, I find sometimes difficult to classify
PC> bugs into one of the categories, eg the recent fTools bug should go to
PC> plugins (it *is* a plugin bug) or to python (again, it *is* in python).
PC> More generally, I think there are perhaps too many categories, and the
PC> limits between them are sometimes ambiguous.
PC> How about reclassifying them, reducing the number of cats?
PC> All the best.

_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug classification

pcav
In reply to this post by Tim Sutton-4
Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Yes I also think simpler is always better - do you have a suggestion for
> a new classification?

I can suggest something, but I think core devs will be better placed to
suggest the classification most convenient for them.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
_______________________________________________
Qgis-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer