beta website page

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi all,

Yesterday I worked on the MapServer project page on the new/future OSGeo
site: http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/mapserver/

(I actually have several pictures to use, and later I will try to add a
slider plugin for WordPress, to show pics from our many events)

Let me know if anything needs changing on the page.

Also, if you are a company you will need to create your own company page
to be listed as a 'service provider' there - if you need an account on
wordpress let me know, I can create an account for you.  (I also will do
this today)

PS. Mike you chose a perfect shirt for the sprint ha!

thanks all,

-jeff

Re: beta website page

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
I like the sprint picture! The logo sucks though in this presentation - odd shape and cropped too closely. The logo and the project title are redundant IMHO. Do we have to stick with a two-column display or could we somehow use the logo in place of the page title? For instance, I could see  plopping the logo in a white div above the intro paragraph that runs the width of the green content block (inside the gutter), letting the paragraph run that same width and then pushing the website button below that.

Of course the quick fix would be to make the logo smaller in the white div where it sits now...

The who's involved section could link back to the PSC page - how are folks added there?

Steve

Re: beta website page

Stephen Woodbridge
Jeff,

Under "About Mapserver", "Who's involved", "View all" does not seem to
list the the PSC members and/or developers, but rather links to "Home >
Community > Members" which is a generic OSGeo Members and not Mapserver
members.

-Steve W

On 8/23/2017 10:48 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I worked on the MapServer project page on the new/future OSGeo
> site: http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/mapserver/
>
> (I actually have several pictures to use, and later I will try to add a
> slider plugin for WordPress, to show pics from our many events)
>
> Let me know if anything needs changing on the page.
>
> Also, if you are a company you will need to create your own company page
> to be listed as a 'service provider' there - if you need an account on
> wordpress let me know, I can create an account for you.  (I also will do
> this today)
>
> PS. Mike you chose a perfect shirt for the sprint ha!
>
> thanks all,
>
> -jeff

---

Re: beta website page

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Steve,

I replaced the logo, you can see the logo along with others at:
http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/choose-a-project/mapping-and-cartography/mapping-services/

Regarding logo and project title redundant: this is the template for all
projects, developed by an external company.  You will notice that all
project pages are like this.

Therefore, for now, yes we are stuck to the 2 or 3 column display, in
this WordPress template.  Once I get full backend access (to edit the
template for all projects) I will experiment with more changes, but for
now we are limited to using this project template, sorry.

Regarding the "Who's Involved" section, this is a wordpress-thing,
meaning that those are the registered wordpress users who have specified
that they are involved in the project.

Let me know if you want a WordPress account, I can create it for you -
then you get a nice picture in that who's involved section ha.  Let me know.

-jeff

On 2017-08-23 12:28 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> I like the sprint picture! The logo sucks though in this presentation - odd shape and cropped too closely. The logo and the project title are redundant IMHO. Do we have to stick with a two-column display or could we somehow use the logo in place of the page title? For instance, I could see  plopping the logo in a white div above the intro paragraph that runs the width of the green content block (inside the gutter), letting the paragraph run that same width and then pushing the website button below that.
>
> Of course the quick fix would be to make the logo smaller in the white div where it sits now...
>
> The who's involved section could link back to the PSC page - how are folks added there?
>
> Steve

Re: beta website page

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi SteveW,

Unfortunately this is a custom WordPress template developed by an
external company - I hope to get access soon to change that template.
But for now, the "Who's Involved" section lists the registered WordPress
users, who have specified that they are involved in the project.  Please
let me know if you want me to create you an account, then you can upload
your picture and magically you'll be listed there ha.  (you can specify
that you are involved in pgRouting too in your account, and your pic
should appear magically there too)

-jeff

On 2017-08-23 2:26 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> Under "About Mapserver", "Who's involved", "View all" does not seem to
> list the the PSC members and/or developers, but rather links to "Home >
> Community > Members" which is a generic OSGeo Members and not Mapserver
> members.
>
> -Steve W
>
> On 8/23/2017 10:48 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yesterday I worked on the MapServer project page on the new/future
>> OSGeo site: http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/mapserver/
>>
>> (I actually have several pictures to use, and later I will try to add
>> a slider plugin for WordPress, to show pics from our many events)
>>
>> Let me know if anything needs changing on the page.
>>
>> Also, if you are a company you will need to create your own company
>> page to be listed as a 'service provider' there - if you need an
>> account on wordpress let me know, I can create an account for you.  (I
>> also will do this today)
>>
>> PS. Mike you chose a perfect shirt for the sprint ha!
>>
>> thanks all,
>>
>> -jeff

Re: beta website page

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
The logo looks better now - centered with the whitespace. Thanks for your work on this!