basic ossim

bharti navlani
there are various function in ossim like
ossimRefPtr
ossimImageHandler
getImageGeometry
ossimIpt
ossimGpt

etc
i want to understand what all these function does in detail , so that i can use them but i am not getting any documents related to it.

please share link or doc to understands these functions

Re: basic ossim

Oscar Kramer
The "functions" you list are actually classes, not functions (with the exception of getImageGeometry which is a method in the class ossimImageSource). If you are not comfortable with C++ and object-oriented principles, you'll need to learn those first. I'm providing here a document I wrote on sensor modeling in OSSIM that explains the top-level classes involved in computing the lat, lon, height given an image x,y (and visa versa). OSSIM is a complicated and mature collection of classes with an extensive class hierarchy that would be impossible to explain in an email. I suggest you look at one of the utility applications: ossim/apps/ossim-ogeom2ogeom. This application converts one image geometry (say RPC) to another specified geometry type (say, Web mercator projection). You can see how image geometries are created and used.

Re: basic ossim

James E. Hopper
Oscar,  this looks great! Thanks for doing it.

Sent from my iPad