ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

josepsitjar

Dear Conference Committe,

I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this mailing list.

We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th June.

The aim of this e-mail is just to ask permission in order to include the OSGeo logo as supporter of Jornadas SIG Libre.

Thanks for your attention.

Bests,

Josep

--
Josep Sitjar Suñer
Tècnic SIG / Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

Re: ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

delawen
Hi,

Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference can join the list of "official" conferences?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tel <a href="tel:972%2041%2080%2039" value="+34972418039" target="_blank">+34 972 418 039 (7025 intern)
[hidden email]

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

Re: ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

Eli Adam
On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference can

There is no procedure that I know of.  I think that the OSGeo logo
usage is under control of the Marketing Committee and Board.

> join the list of "official" conferences?
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Conference Committe,
>>
>> I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this
>> mailing list.

Welcome!  This list mostly focuses on the annual FOSS4G conference,
http://foss4g.org/ particularly the annual RFP process to select
locations and Local Organizing Committees.  We also work some on
surrounding issues like Code of Conduct, Travel Grants, etc.

>> We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the
>> Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial
>> technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th June.
>>
>> The aim of this e-mail is just to ask permission in order to include the
>> OSGeo logo as supporter of Jornadas SIG Libre.

As I mentioned, I'm not sure how to use the logo.  Perhaps more
useful, would be to list it under events,
https://www.osgeo.org/events/  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how
to do that either.

Best regards, Eli

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference can
>
> There is no procedure that I know of.  I think that the OSGeo logo
> usage is under control of the Marketing Committee and Board.

To request permission to use the logo, contact the Marketing
Committee.  Some details here,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/branding-material/

To contact the Marketing Committee see their page,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/marketing-committee/

Is SIGTE, University of Girona, or Jornadas de SIG Libre working with
a local OSGeo chapter, Geo For All, or other existing OSGeo program?
That would probably make the request for usage easier (but I don't
really know the Marketing Committee guidelines so probably shouldn't
say anything).

Best regards, Eli

>> join the list of "official" conferences?
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Conference Committe,
>>>
>>> I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this
>>> mailing list.
>
> Welcome!  This list mostly focuses on the annual FOSS4G conference,
> http://foss4g.org/ particularly the annual RFP process to select
> locations and Local Organizing Committees.  We also work some on
> surrounding issues like Code of Conduct, Travel Grants, etc.
>

>>> We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the
>>> Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial
>>> technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th June.
>>>
>>> The aim of this e-mail is just to ask permission in order to include the
>>> OSGeo logo as supporter of Jornadas SIG Libre.
>>>

> As I mentioned, I'm not sure how to use the logo.  Perhaps more
> useful, would be to list it under events,
> https://www.osgeo.org/events/  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how
> to do that either.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>

>>> Thanks for your attention.
>>>
>>> Bests,
>>>
>>> Josep
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josep Sitjar Suñer
>>> Tècnic SIG / Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
>>> -
>>> Universitat de Girona
>>> SIGTE
>>> -
>>> Pl. Ferrater Mora 1,
>>> Facultat de Lletres
>>> 17071 Girona
>>> Tel +34 972 418 039 (7025 intern)
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> http://www.sigte.udg.edu
>>> Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

Re: ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

delawen
Hi,

They are in close connection work the Spanish chapter.

El 2 mar. 2018 22:59, "Eli Adam" <[hidden email]> escribió:
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Eli Adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 4:54 AM, María Arias de Reyna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we have a procedure for this? Or just any FOSS4G kind of conference can
>
> There is no procedure that I know of.  I think that the OSGeo logo
> usage is under control of the Marketing Committee and Board.

To request permission to use the logo, contact the Marketing
Committee.  Some details here,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/branding-material/

To contact the Marketing Committee see their page,
https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/marketing-committee/

Is SIGTE, University of Girona, or Jornadas de SIG Libre working with
a local OSGeo chapter, Geo For All, or other existing OSGeo program?
That would probably make the request for usage easier (but I don't
really know the Marketing Committee guidelines so probably shouldn't
say anything).

Best regards, Eli

>> join the list of "official" conferences?
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:51 AM, josep sitjar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Conference Committe,
>>>
>>> I'm Josep Sitjar, from SIGTE (University of Girona), and I'm new to this
>>> mailing list.
>
> Welcome!  This list mostly focuses on the annual FOSS4G conference,
> http://foss4g.org/ particularly the annual RFP process to select
> locations and Local Organizing Committees.  We also work some on
> surrounding issues like Code of Conduct, Travel Grants, etc.
>

>>> We are working on the new edition of Jornadas de SIG Libre, one of the
>>> Spain's leading event in the field of free and open source geospatial
>>> technologies, that will take place in Girona (Spain) from 6th to 7th June.
>>>
>>> The aim of this e-mail is just to ask permission in order to include the
>>> OSGeo logo as supporter of Jornadas SIG Libre.
>>>

> As I mentioned, I'm not sure how to use the logo.  Perhaps more
> useful, would be to list it under events,
> https://www.osgeo.org/events/  Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how
> to do that either.
>
> Best regards, Eli
>

>>> Thanks for your attention.
>>>
>>> Bests,
>>>
>>> Josep
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josep Sitjar Suñer
>>> Tècnic SIG / Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica
>>> -
>>> Universitat de Girona
>>> SIGTE
>>> -
>>> Pl. Ferrater Mora 1,
>>> Facultat de Lletres
>>> 17071 Girona
>>> Tel <a href="tel:%2B34%20972%20418%20039" value="+34972418039">+34 972 418 039 (7025 intern)
>>> [hidden email]
>>>
>>> http://www.sigte.udg.edu
>>> Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG

Re: ask for permission to include OSGeo logo at local event [Jornadas SIG Libre]

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses-2
And Lluis, one of the leaders of the SIGTE, is a Charter Member of OSGeo since 2011 and a founding member of the Spanish Local Chapter.