are German contributions to this mailing list desired?

are German contributions to this mailing list desired?

Günter
Hi all,

we are a group of enthusiastic Lizmap users in German-speaking countries and
are looking for a way to communicate better. To be able to exchange
questions / problems / experiences about Lizmap and especially to help new,
interested users.

Important questions, suggestions, etc. could then also be forwarded in
English to the mailing list or Github.

This is preferably done via a mailing list. Hence the question to this list:

Would it be ok if there were also German contributions or is that not what
you want?

There are purely English mailing lists, but there are also some with a mixed
language, such as the one from the Mapbender.

It would be nice if an active German-speaking user group could establish
itself, which helps to make this web client better known and supports the
project. We are also planning a user meeting at the FOSSGIS conference in
Rapperswil in 2021.

regards

Günter Wagner

WAGNER-IT

Ingenieurbüro für Geoinformatik
Carl-Orff-Weg 7
79312 Emmendingen
Tel.:  07641/9621668
Fax:  07641/915599
 <http://www.wagner-it.de/> www.wagner-it.de

PS: Sorry for the English but unfortunately it is only possible with Google
Translate

winmail.dat (7K) Download Attachment

Re: are German contributions to this mailing list desired?

Etienne Trimaille-2
Hi,

I don't think there are any "official" rules.

But I would prefer if mails are "mostly" in English. Even if allowing mails in another language will help the development of the community in that country, I'm also afraid it will be less interesting for other languages. It's just my opinion.

I'm sometimes adding the French version under my mail when I make an announcement in English.

Maybe you can ask your OSGEO DE chapter to if you can open a lizmap-de mailing list
It's what OSM or QGIS is doing for instance.

Regards

Le mer. 11 nov. 2020 à 08:59, G. Wagner, Wagner-IT <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Etienne Trimaille
Ingénieur géomaticien
www.3liz.com
+33 (0) 6 12 93 11 39
Bureau
31, rue de l'Argenterie
34000 Montpellier
Siège social
73, allée Kleber
Boulevard de Strasbourg
34000 Montpellier

Re: are German contributions to this mailing list desired?

Günter

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We had already thought about it, but still wanted to ask this e-mail list beforehand.

Next I will ask OSGEO whether an e-mail list "lizmap-de" can be provided.

Regards