arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

Gérard LIGNON
I don't know how I can put my shapefile referenced by arccatalog =20
(ESRI) in Geonetwork in ISO 19115 format (for FDGC is ok). Who Can =20
Help Me ?

Thanks

Gerard

Re: arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

Nicolas Ribot
On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 18:26 +0000, Gérard LIGNON wrote:
> I don't know how I can put my shapefile referenced by arccatalog =20
> (ESRI) in Geonetwork in ISO 19115 format (for FDGC is ok). Who Can =20
> Help Me ?
>
> Thanks

Hi Gerard,

If I understand well, you want to convert from FGDC schema to ISO 19115
schema ?

I've done that thanx to the very powerful Saxon Java library (and
program).
I used to use a windows-based program to do that (available on the GN
site), but now I'm on Linux, I find Saxon much more portable...

First, download Saxon (saxon8.jar) (http://saxon.sourceforge.net/)
Then get the 2 XLS transformation files and their DTD:
ESRI_ISO1.dtd
ISO_19115.dtd
ISOESRItoISO.xsl
ISOtoISOESRI.xsl

(you will find them attached to this message)

Then, type the command:

java -jar saxon8.jar -o <shape_ISO_19115.xml> <shape_FGDC.xml>
ISOESRItoISO.xsl

It will produce a shape_ISO_19115.xml file that loads well in GN

Hope that helps-

Nicolas

sheets.tar.gz (37K) Download Attachment

Re: arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi Gérard & Nicolas, do you know if there's somewhere a stylesheet doing the
transformation between ESRI-FGDC to ISO19115 ?

Or at least ESRI-FGDC to ESRI-ISO and then we could use the iso converter to
move into Geonetwork.

Thanks for your help.
Francois

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et
rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme
partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
distribution must be authorized.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

Nicolas Ribot
> Hi Gérard & Nicolas, do you know if there's somewhere a stylesheet doing the
> transformation between ESRI-FGDC to ISO19115 ?
>
> Or at least ESRI-FGDC to ESRI-ISO and then we could use the iso converter to
> move into Geonetwork.

Hi Francois,

Personnally, I used the ISOESRItoISO.xsl stylesheet to convert a ESRI
XML file into a ISO_19115 XML file to import into GN.

Nicolas

Re: arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

Pickering, Jason Paul
Where can one get a copy of  the ISOESRItoISO.xsl stylesheet?

Thanks,
Jason Pickering

> Hi Gérard & Nicolas, do you know if there's somewhere a stylesheet doing the
> transformation between ESRI-FGDC to ISO19115 ?
>
> Or at least ESRI-FGDC to ESRI-ISO and then we could use the iso converter to
> move into Geonetwork.

Hi Francois,

Personnally, I used the ISOESRItoISO.xsl stylesheet to convert a ESRI
XML file into a ISO_19115 XML file to import into GN.

Nicolas

Re: arccatalog iso 19915 import geonetwork

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Just have a look to the community website :
http://geonetwork-opensource.org/software/isoconvert/psc_project_view

And download the iso convert software.

Cheers.
Francois

Where can one get a copy of  the ISOESRItoISO.xsl stylesheet?

Thanks,
Jason Pickering

> Hi Gérard & Nicolas, do you know if there's somewhere a stylesheet
> doing the transformation between ESRI-FGDC to ISO19115 ?
>
> Or at least ESRI-FGDC to ESRI-ISO and then we could use the iso
> converter to move into Geonetwork.

Hi Francois,

Personnally, I used the ISOESRItoISO.xsl stylesheet to convert a ESRI XML
file into a ISO_19115 XML file to import into GN.

Nicolas

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork