apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

renardchan
hi,

After i had installed mapguide os 2.4 on ubuntu 12.04, i wanted to start apache server but it returns me
Syntax error on line 107 of /usr/local/mapguideopensource-2.4.0/webserverextensions/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/mapguideopensource-2.4.0/webserverextensions/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: libexslt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

When i comment the line 107 on http.conf, apache works well. So it seems to be a problem on php 5 and his modules...

thank by advance

Regards

Re: apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

Jackie Ng
You may have to install:

sudo apt-get install libxslt1-dev

- Jackie

Re: apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

renardchan
This post was updated on .
Thanks for your helps,

It doesn't work. I have the same error message.

command ldd /path/libphp.so returns libexslt.so.0 => not found. I'm searching on this way.

Re: apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

Jackie Ng
Try this:

sudo apt-file search libexslt.so

This should list the packages (hopefully only one) that contain this particular file.

Then just apt-get install the package in question.

- Jackie

the command sudo apt-file search libexslt.so returns me /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexslt.so.0.8.15 or the other modules are in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/

Re: apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

Jackie Ng
Is this a 64-bit Ubuntu? If so, you are treading in untested waters.

The 32-bit Ubuntu build of MapGuide *requires* a 32-bit Ubuntu. This is what we produced the MapGuide binaries from and tested it on. If you are running the 32-bit build in a 64-bit environment, at the very least you need x86 compiled versions of these libraries. You could try apt-get install ia32-libs which *may* include the library in question, otherwise you're out of luck.

- Jackie

Re: apache don't start on ubuntu 12.04

renardchan
ok. I'm testing mapguide on ubuntu... The test was sucessful...  because  now i know that that's easyer on 32bits. thank for your help.