animated zooming 1.4

Emanuel Schütze
Hi list,

my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442

Features in current version:
- scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
- scale red rectangle in overviewmap
- scale extra zoomOut tile
- scale _baselayer_ only
- support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
- "smooth tile update"
- recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
- NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
- NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
keys (together with animated panning!)
- NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
position after zooming; target not recenter!
- NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning

My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would be
deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all bugs.
I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions of
features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.

I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I will
try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the
support for all other baselayers.

I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

Best regards,
Emanuel

Re: animated zooming 1.4

Olivier Terral
Good job  :-) ,

I'll test next week but my first impress is very good.

Bye

Emanuel Schütze a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442
>
> Features in current version:
> - scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
> - scale red rectangle in overviewmap
> - scale extra zoomOut tile
> - scale _baselayer_ only
> - support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
> - "smooth tile update"
> - recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
> - NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
> - NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
> keys (together with animated panning!)
> - NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
> position after zooming; target not recenter!
> - NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning
>
> My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would be
> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all bugs.
> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions of
> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>
> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I will
> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the
> support for all other baselayers.
>
> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Emanuel

Re: animated zooming 1.4

John Cole X
Emanuel,
  On issue I have found:

  As suggested by Christopher, I'm using an untiled wms layer for the
overview map (exactally like the overviewmap.html example).  I'm also
setting centering the map on my location at zoom level 11.  Using the
standard OL 2.3, the overview map is working as expected, but using the
animated version, when the page first loads, the overview map is using the
max extents (usually the world).  After the first zoom (in or out) the
overview map picks up the correct zoom and location normally.  I can send
you an example if you like.

Otherwise, looks great!

John

Emanuel Schütze a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442
>
> Features in current version:
> - scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
> - scale red rectangle in overviewmap
> - scale extra zoomOut tile
> - scale _baselayer_ only
> - support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
> - "smooth tile update"
> - recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
> - NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
> - NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel,
+/-
> keys (together with animated panning!)
> - NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
> position after zooming; target not recenter!
> - NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning
>
> My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would
be
> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all
bugs.
> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions
of
> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>
> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I
will
> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the

> support for all other baselayers.
>
> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Emanuel
8:12 AM

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

Re: animated zooming 1.4

Cameron Shorter
Really excellent work and I appologise for focusing on a very minor
bug/feature rather than gushing over the great work you have done.

I've noticed that if I double click on the map that I can zoom in.
Initially I get a granulated image while the tiles are refreshed, then
the map becomes crisp again when the maps are refreshed. So far so good.

However, while the map is in the granulated state and the new images are
being retrieved, the navigation tools don't work. It would be great if
they did.

Emanuel Schütze wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442
>
> Features in current version:
> - scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
> - scale red rectangle in overviewmap
> - scale extra zoomOut tile
> - scale _baselayer_ only
> - support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
> - "smooth tile update"
> - recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
> - NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
> - NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
> keys (together with animated panning!)
> - NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
> position after zooming; target not recenter!
> - NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning
>
> My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would be
> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all bugs.
> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions of
> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>
> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I will
> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the
> support for all other baselayers.
>
> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Emanuel

Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5011
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Re: animated zooming 1.4

dncarreira
 Hi Emanuel.

The animated zooming looks just great! For me, aesthetics are really
important in webgis applications, even more than in other webapps, and
really help define if your app will stand-out or not from the rest of
the world.

I have 1 question/suggestion:

 - when you zoom, the map gets pixelated and you understand it's
updating. Then the map gets refreshed and turns crisp all at once. Is it
possible to show each tile as it is downloaded, showing the map being
refreshed tile by tile? For me this would really improve the dinamics of
the animated zooming.

Just a thought... It's quite impressive as it is!

Regards,
Duarte Carreira

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:23:08 +0100
> From: Emanuel Sch?tze <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [OpenLayers-Dev] animated zooming 1.4
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi list,
>
> my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442
>
> Features in current version:
> - scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
> - scale red rectangle in overviewmap
> - scale extra zoomOut tile
> - scale _baselayer_ only
> - support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
> - "smooth tile update"
> - recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
> - NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
> - NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox,
> doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
> keys (together with animated panning!)
> - NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at
> the same
> position after zooming; target not recenter!
> - NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning
>
> My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the
> implementation
> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my
> theoretical part.
> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current
> version. I would be
> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and
> report me all bugs.
> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other
> suggestions of
> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance
> (it's a weak
> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>
> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are
> some issues I will
> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big
> thing f.e. is the
> support for all other baselayers.
>
> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Emanuel

> End of Dev Digest, Vol 6, Issue 3

Re: animated zooming 1.4

sylvainb
Hi,

Great job.

I saw that when you zoom on the map, you're stuck until the map has
fully loaded. When you've got your map full screen, it may take several
seconds. It would be great if the map and controls were accessible
whatever happen on the map.

Thanks.

Sylvain Beorchia.
Makina Corpus

Duarte Carreira a e'crit :

> [...]
>> implementation
>> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my
>> theoretical part.
>> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current
>> version. I would be
>> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and
>> report me all bugs.
>> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other
>> suggestions of
>> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance
>> (it's a weak
>> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>>
>> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are
>> some issues I will
>> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big
>> thing f.e. is the
>> support for all other baselayers.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

Hi Emanuel,

I would like to use your animated zoom on my own OL,

How can I integrate  it?  Which files have you modify?

Thanks in advance

Emanuel Schütze a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> my _last_ animated zooming version is online:
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/emanuel/animatedZooming/demo.html
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442
>
> Features in current version:
> - scale all visible tiles by shrinking/enlarging
> - scale red rectangle in overviewmap
> - scale extra zoomOut tile
> - scale _baselayer_ only
> - support wms, wms untiled and image baselayers
> - "smooth tile update"
> - recenter overviewmap after drag, doubleclick and panning
> - NEW: animated panning integrated (also for overviewmap)
> - NEW: animated zooming for +/- buttons, zoomBox, doubleclick, mousewheel, +/-
> keys (together with animated panning!)
> - NEW: by using mousewheel: target below mousecursor stays at the same
> position after zooming; target not recenter!
> - NEW: new keys (pos1, end, page up/down) set for better panning
>
> My version is now feature complete. I have to finish the implementation
> because it's a part of my thesis and I have to begin my theoretical part.
> In the next 2 weeks I want to test and bugfix the current version. I would be
> deeply grateful if you can test/review the final demo and report me all bugs.
> I'm very interested in your feedback! Perhaps you have other suggestions of
> features? Or do you have an idea to optimize the performance (it's a weak
> point in the demo)? Please let me know your opinion.
>
> I want to collect all ideas for future work. If there are some issues I will
> try to continue my contribution after my thesis. One big thing f.e. is the
> support for all other baselayers.
>
> I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Emanuel

Re: animated zooming 1.4

Emanuel Schütze
Hi Olivier,

you can check out my whole sandbox (http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/
emanuel/animatedZooming/)
or you use my last patch (http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/442) for
looking at the modified files (note: it's not the final patch! Some
little bugfixes will come in the next days/weeks).

Best regards from the FOSSGIS in Berlin - here is a good interest in OL!

Emanuel

14.03.2007 - 16:20 - olivier.terral: