...and thanks for all the fish!

Marc Vloemans-3
Dear marketeers, promotors, champions and supporters of this community,

After some deliberations I have decided to step down as Chair of this wonderful committee. Other commitments and new challenges are calling.

At FOSS4G in Bonn I invited interested individuals to revive together the Marketing function.
Nearly two years later we can boast a wide range of collateral to support our outreach & advocacy remit, an active committee, renewed interest in organising promotional campaigns, a new brand, a revamped website, the offering of promotion packs for local chapters and - above all - a positive messaging.
And all the result of great teamwork across multiple borders, cultural divides, an ocean and various time zones.

Thank you all for an amazing journey. I had a whale of a time (did I thank for all the fish?).

I would propose that people who want to take the Marketing helm put themselves forward. As we need to choose my replacement.
However, I am not the best at this type of processes, so will take any advice as how to go about from here.

Kind regards,
Marc Vloemans

Re: ...and thanks for all the fish!

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Marc,

thanks. You did a great job in the marketing committee and it was a
pleasure to work with you.

Astrid

Am 15.03.2018 22:31 schrieb Marc Vloemans:

> Dear marketeers, promotors, champions and supporters of this community,
>
> After some deliberations I have decided to step down as Chair of this
> wonderful committee. Other commitments and new challenges are calling.
>
> At FOSS4G in Bonn I invited interested individuals to revive together
> the Marketing function.
> Nearly two years later we can boast a wide range of collateral to
> support our outreach & advocacy remit, an active committee, renewed
> interest in organising promotional campaigns, a new brand, a revamped
> website, the offering of promotion packs for local chapters and -
> above all - a positive messaging.
> And all the result of great teamwork across multiple borders, cultural
> divides, an ocean and various time zones.
>
> Thank you all for an amazing journey. I had a whale of a time (did I
> thank for all the fish?).
>
> I would propose that people who want to take the Marketing helm put
> themselves forward. As we need to choose my replacement.
> However, I am not the best at this type of processes, so will take any
> advice as how to go about from here.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marc Vloemans

Re: ...and thanks for all the fish!

Jeffrey Johnson
Marc, Its been a pleasure to crew for you. Thanks for being a good skipper :)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:42 PM, Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Marc,
>
> thanks. You did a great job in the marketing committee and it was a pleasure
> to work with you.
>
> Astrid
>

> Am 15.03.2018 22:31 schrieb Marc Vloemans:
>>
>> Dear marketeers, promotors, champions and supporters of this community,
>>
>> After some deliberations I have decided to step down as Chair of this
>> wonderful committee. Other commitments and new challenges are calling.
>>
>> At FOSS4G in Bonn I invited interested individuals to revive together
>> the Marketing function.
>> Nearly two years later we can boast a wide range of collateral to
>> support our outreach & advocacy remit, an active committee, renewed
>> interest in organising promotional campaigns, a new brand, a revamped
>> website, the offering of promotion packs for local chapters and -
>> above all - a positive messaging.
>> And all the result of great teamwork across multiple borders, cultural
>> divides, an ocean and various time zones.
>>
>> Thank you all for an amazing journey. I had a whale of a time (did I
>> thank for all the fish?).
>>
>> I would propose that people who want to take the Marketing helm put
>> themselves forward. As we need to choose my replacement.
>> However, I am not the best at this type of processes, so will take any
>> advice as how to go about from here.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Marc Vloemans

Re: ...and thanks for all the fish!

nicolas bozon
Thanks for your service and dedication as commitee chair Marc

Best,

Nick

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Marc,
>
> thanks. You did a great job in the marketing committee and it was a pleasure
> to work with you.
>
> Astrid
>

> Am 15.03.2018 22:31 schrieb Marc Vloemans:
>>
>> Dear marketeers, promotors, champions and supporters of this community,
>>
>> After some deliberations I have decided to step down as Chair of this
>> wonderful committee. Other commitments and new challenges are calling.
>>
>> At FOSS4G in Bonn I invited interested individuals to revive together
>> the Marketing function.
>> Nearly two years later we can boast a wide range of collateral to
>> support our outreach & advocacy remit, an active committee, renewed
>> interest in organising promotional campaigns, a new brand, a revamped
>> website, the offering of promotion packs for local chapters and -
>> above all - a positive messaging.
>> And all the result of great teamwork across multiple borders, cultural
>> divides, an ocean and various time zones.
>>
>> Thank you all for an amazing journey. I had a whale of a time (did I
>> thank for all the fish?).
>>
>> I would propose that people who want to take the Marketing helm put
>> themselves forward. As we need to choose my replacement.
>> However, I am not the best at this type of processes, so will take any
>> advice as how to go about from here.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Marc Vloemans

Re: ...and thanks for all the fish!

Peter Mooney
Marc,

Whilst I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person (yet) I have always enjoyed your open, considered and common sense approach to all tasks and issues which came this way.

Thank you for your work

Peter