alias with data trough VPN

pcardinal
I am trying to connect to SDF data store on a network which I am connecting
with VPN. I am looking for a hint to solve the problem of Maestro not
displaying the alias created in  MapGuide Site Administrator. The data are
on a shared directory with everyone having the rights to read and write. I
have no problem to connect to the data from the machine running MGOS, and
MGOS is running under local system. Is it possible that local system is
unable to reach the networked data?

Maestro 5.1
MGOS 3.1.0.90.64
Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V

Re: alias with data trough VPN

Rémy Gourrat
normaly, your mapguide service is running with local system account.

in the local mapguide server, your must create an user account with administrator privileges.

in service panel, in properties of mapguide service, change the account with your new account and restart the service.

in the remote server, you must create the same account with the same login/password with reading privileges on your sdf folder.

normally it's running.

good luck.

remy

AG-Carto - Bayonne

Re: alias with data trough VPN

pcardinal
effectively, thank you

Re: alias with data trough VPN

Hans Milling
Read/Write/Seek operations of files on a network share can be very slow due
to the SAMBA protocol. I would advise against having your map data on a
different location than a local disk. It is much better to setup a job that
replicates the date to the local disk (a simple copy is often fine).

Best regards
  Hans Milling...