add a point layer in OL 2.8

ramy.sehar
I am sorry I have to post in DEV section as none of the examples are working. I need to perform this task soon.

I am looking to display a point layer in application. I would like to display tooltip details once
hover over the feature. what is the best and quicket way to do it. This application is using OL 2.8.

If you could at least guide which JS files I have to touch.

your help is much appreciated

Re: add a point layer in OL 2.8

Phil Scadden
On 26/11/2013 6:09 a.m., ramy.sehar wrote:
> I am looking to display a point layer in application. I would like to
> display tooltip details once
> hover over the feature. what is the best and quicket way to do it. This
> application is using OL 2.8.
2.8 is seriously old. Got a good reason not to upgrade? I do this with
EITHER a  GetFeature control, using a WFS protocol, hover:true and
propertyNames set to attributes I want, with registered events for
"hoverfeature" and "outfeature";
  OR
a WMSGetFeatureInfo control with hover:true, handler options of
              handlerOptions:{
                 "hover":{
                     delay:800
                 }
             }
and register a handler for"getfeatureinfo" event to show the tooltip. I
am assuming the controls and events are available in 2.8.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Re: add a point layer in OL 2.8

ramy.sehar
Thanks Phil for your help.

I'll give it a try as well as converting OL to 2.12