Quantcast

abstract deadline

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi all,

I noticed today on IRC that some are asking if there is an extension to
today's abstract deadline:
http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2017-03-17.log  I'm not big on
extensions either, but, maybe the @foss4ge Twitter account could send
out a message that abstracts will be accepted until Sunday end-of-day?
(as likely the local committee won't be processing abstracts over the
weekend anyway)

-jeff

Re: abstract deadline

jmckenna
Administrator
Almost forgot: and happy St. Patrick's Day to all!  Hope you can all
raise a glass of green beer today ha.

-jeff

On 2017-03-17 12:09 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed today on IRC that some are asking if there is an extension to
> today's abstract deadline:
> http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2017-03-17.log  I'm not big on
> extensions either, but, maybe the @foss4ge Twitter account could send
> out a message that abstracts will be accepted until Sunday end-of-day?
> (as likely the local committee won't be processing abstracts over the
> weekend anyway)
>
> -jeff

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: abstract deadline

Fenoy Gerald
Hello Jeff,
many thanks for this proposal, it seems to be a very nice idea to me.

I have forwarded the request to the LOC supporting this idea, I am now waiting for them to answer and I hope that we can have a tweet today mentioning this.

Best regards,

> Le 17 mars 2017 à 15:09, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed today on IRC that some are asking if there is an extension to today's abstract deadline: http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2017-03-17.log  I'm not big on extensions either, but, maybe the @foss4ge Twitter account could send out a message that abstracts will be accepted until Sunday end-of-day? (as likely the local committee won't be processing abstracts over the weekend anyway)
>
> -jeff

Gérald Fenoy
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Djay