ZOO-Project incubation update for foss4g presentation

ZOO-Project incubation update for foss4g presentation

jody.garnett
Dimitris/Gerald:

I have a number of presentations on incubation and an AGM committee update and would like to report any progress on ZOO-Project incubation.

Checking the ZOO-Project Incubation Checklist shows Gerald making a whole lot of progress in 2015. If you are attending the foss4g community-sprint I would be happy to help.
Dimitris the checklist looks quite complete to me, is there anything you are waiting on before nominating the project?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: ZOO-Project incubation update for foss4g presentation

nicolas bozon
Thanks Jody

Dimitris, as discussed back in July 2017 during FOSS4G Europe, i also think the checklist is complete and you could probably set ZOO-Project incubation in motion.
Please tell us if something's wrong or missing, so contributors attending code sprint this saturday may work on it. Thank you.

Best regards,

Nick

Le mar. 20 août 2019 à 21:28, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Dimitris/Gerald:

I have a number of presentations on incubation and an AGM committee update and would like to report any progress on ZOO-Project incubation.

Checking the ZOO-Project Incubation Checklist shows Gerald making a whole lot of progress in 2015. If you are attending the foss4g community-sprint I would be happy to help.
Dimitris the checklist looks quite complete to me, is there anything you are waiting on before nominating the project?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: ZOO-Project incubation update for foss4g presentation

jody.garnett
I will review with team on Saturday, will not have a chance before then.

I look forward to working with the ZOO-Project on Saturday :)
--
Jody Garnett

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 09:34, nicolas bozon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fenoy Gerald
Dear Jody,
thanks a lot for your help in this.

I should reach the Code Sprint at 9:00 tomorrow morning.

See you there!

Gérald Fenoy

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 30 août 2019 à 13:44, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Dimitris Kotzinos-3
Dear Jody, all,

firstly, my apologies for the late reply, I am on vacation!
For the ZOO project: if I recall correctly, the last discussion done on
this was that I asked the project to review the code, since I remember
that there were some issues with regard to open source headers and
different licenses (well, I do not have my notes so this might not be
exact) and this was the only pending thing.
We had also discussed some clarifications into the governing model, to
clarify how new members can be elected added to the PSC and so on. This
is mostly to be written down in a better way and not missing.

I am really sorry that I did not push harder with that and it is still
in my to-do list.
If you advance in Bucharest and verify that all is OK, we can proceed.
Actually, my initial reaction when started mentoring the project was
exactly the same: the project was almost ready to graduate.
I will be traveling today and tomorrow but I can pick up Monday whatever
news.

All the best,
Dimitris

On 30/08/2019 12:44, Jody Garnett wrote:

> I will review with team on Saturday, will not have a chance before then.
>
> I look forward to working with the ZOO-Project on Saturday :)
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 09:34, nicolas bozon <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks Jody
>
>     Dimitris, as discussed back in July 2017 during FOSS4G Europe, i
>     also think the checklist is complete and you could probably set
>     ZOO-Project incubation in motion.
>     Please tell us if something's wrong or missing, so contributors
>     attending code sprint this saturday may work on it. Thank you.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Nick
>
>     Le mar. 20 août 2019 à 21:28, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>
>         Dimitris/Gerald:
>
>         I have a number of presentations on incubation and an AGM
>         committee update and would like to report any progress on
>         ZOO-Project incubation.
>
>         Checking the ZOO-Project Incubation Checklist
>         <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ZOO-Project_Incubation_Checklist> shows
>         Gerald making a whole lot of progress in 2015. If you are
>         attending the foss4g community-sprint I would be happy to help.
>
>           * It looks like the link to http://svn.zoo-project.org/svn/
>             can be replaced with https://github.com/OSGeo/zoo-project
>
>         Dimitris the checklist looks quite complete to me, is there
>         anything you are waiting on before nominating the project?
>         --
>         Jody Garnett

Re: ZOO-Project incubation update for foss4g presentation

jody.garnett
Please do not be concerned about being away, we all understand the balance required to take part in our community. We are all volunteers (especially on this list) following our hearts to help each other.
--
Jody Garnett