Your project and OSGeo marketing

Marc Vloemans-3

Dear OSGeo projects' members,

At present we are revamping the Marketing function in OSGeo. As projects are the corner stones of our community you are invited to give input in how your projects could benefit most from OSGeo's marketing/promotional umbrella.
Please mention also where your own project communications and the way it positions itself in this world could - in return - strengthen the overall OSGeo-proposition and promotional strategy.

Effectively, how can you help us help you???
Therefore, you are invited to express by return mail your expectations, ideas, contributions, advice, needs etc when it comes to positioning and promoting your projects in the right places. Whether it is all achievable, viable and feasible...that is for later worry. For now it is important what the expectations are.

And who knows; perhaps we can already implement some quick wins at FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn/Germany! (How about featuring your projects more prominently at the OSGeo-booth?)

I am looking forward to your initial input at your earliest convenience, but preferably at the latest by the 7th of July.

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans
Marketing Committee OSGeo

Re: Your project and OSGeo marketing

Jachym Cepicky
Hi Marc,

IMHO we do have great technologies, but we, as community, are not able to put together a product. Can OSGeo help with that? Should OSGeo help with that? I doubt so. OSGeo should help to make the technology as good as possible. Leave the product to companies.

Any results from those 2 lines? Probably not. It just hit my mind some time back.

Jachym

P.S. Sorry, for buzzing