You have been... ref0rmatt3d!

geowolf
Hi all,
as agreed, the big bad reformat landed on master, 2.13.x and 2.12.x.

Back to normal business for everybody :-)

And oh, I've modified the setup so that on Travis it won't check for local modifications, but directly
for faulty formatting (the error message should be easier to understand).
The Jenkins builds are also following the same settings

Oh, I've noticed there is a newer version of the formatting plugin, but as far as I could tell,
it was not fixing any bug of significant, while it was changing the formatting rules for annotations a bit,
changing several files. I skipped this upgrade to avoid adding extra noise on the commit history...
if need be, we can revisit and upgrade later I guess

Cheers
Andrea

== GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: You have been... ref0rmatt3d!

Nuno Oliveira-3
Good news, thank you Andrea !

On 06/09/2018 03:25 PM, Andrea Aime wrote:
[...]

Nuno Oliveira
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

[...]

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
Andrea,

"-Dfmt.action=check" was applied only to the community build because the
Travis CI script line is two commands separated by "&&" and
"-Dfmt.action=check" was only appended to the script line. I have added
"-Dfmt.action=check" to the first (main build) command on master,
2.13.x, and 2.12.x. We should close-reopen pull requests to ensure that
their formatting is checked.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 10/06/18 02:25, Andrea Aime wrote:

> Hi all,
> as agreed, the big bad reformat landed on master, 2.13.x and 2.12.x.
>
> Back to normal business for everybody :-)
>
> And oh, I've modified the setup so that on Travis it won't check for local
> modifications, but directly
> for faulty formatting (the error message should be easier to understand).
> The Jenkins builds are also following the same settings
>
> Oh, I've noticed there is a newer version of the formatting plugin, but as
> far as I could tell,
> it was not fixing any bug of significant, while it was changing the
> formatting rules for annotations a bit,
> changing several files. I skipped this upgrade to avoid adding extra noise
> on the commit history...
> if need be, we can revisit and upgrade later I guess
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>
> == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf
> Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa
> (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549
> http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
> ------------------------------------------------------- *Con riferimento
> alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 -
> Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
> circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali
> allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
> destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
> errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le
> sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended
> only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
> disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679
> “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information
> herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
> have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
> telephone or e-mail.*

Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director
Transient Software Limited <https://transient.nz/>
New Zealand

Re: You have been... ref0rmatt3d!

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
And thanks again, Andrea. The new Maven formatter workflow is working
well for me. Much better than fussing over IDE settings. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ben.