XYZToLatLonHeight

Norman Goldstein
I have attached a source file that builds into an executable that runs
and compares the throughput of ossimEllipsoid::XYZToLatLonHeight with
XYZToLatLonHeight2, a function that I wrote.  The latter seems to be
about 5 times faster, but I have not done extensive testing.
I have framed the code as LGPL, which should be compatible with OSSIM,
in case this code is decided to be part, in some way, of OSSIM.

RunGeocentricToGeodetic.cpp (6K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: XYZToLatLonHeight

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Norman:

Awesome!  Thank you!

I wrote a quick test that generated a random points between -180 <= lon <= 180 and -90 <= lat <= 90 and -8000 <= hgt <= 8000

The only fluctuation I saw was the hgt scale at the nanometer precision.

Very Nice!  I have checked in the source into SVN.  I put your name in the new function XYZ......  for credit.  If you do not want it there please let me know.

Take care

Garrett

On Jul 25, 2013, at 2:23 AM, Norman Goldstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have attached a source file that builds into an executable that runs and compares the throughput of ossimEllipsoid::XYZToLatLonHeight with XYZToLatLonHeight2, a function that I wrote.  The latter seems to be about 5 times faster, but I have not done extensive testing.
> I have framed the code as LGPL, which should be compatible with OSSIM, in case this code is decided to be part, in some way, of OSSIM.
>
> <RunGeocentricToGeodetic.cpp>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48808831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk_______________________________________________
> www.ossim.org
> Ossim-developer mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer

Re: XYZToLatLonHeight

Norman Goldstein
Hello, Garrett.

Thank you for the acknowledgement and thorough testing.

On 07/25/2013 05:13 AM, Garrett Potts wrote:

> Hello Norman:
>
> Awesome!  Thank you!
>
> I wrote a quick test that generated a random points between -180 <= lon <= 180 and -90 <= lat <= 90 and -8000 <= hgt <= 8000
>

> The only fluctuation I saw was the hgt scale at the nanometer precision.
>
> Very Nice!  I have checked in the source into SVN.  I put your name in the new function XYZ......  for credit.  If you do not want it there please let me know.
>

> Take care
>
> Garrett
>
> On Jul 25, 2013, at 2:23 AM, Norman Goldstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have attached a source file that builds into an executable that runs and compares the throughput of ossimEllipsoid::XYZToLatLonHeight with XYZToLatLonHeight2, a function that I wrote.  The latter seems to be about 5 times faster, but I have not done extensive testing.
>> I have framed the code as LGPL, which should be compatible with OSSIM, in case this code is decided to be part, in some way, of OSSIM.
>>
>> <RunGeocentricToGeodetic.cpp>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>> Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from AppDynamics
>> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>> Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48808831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk_______________________________________________
>> www.ossim.org
>> Ossim-developer mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: XYZToLatLonHeight

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Norman:

Thank you for the code:

The test was creating 10,000,000 random points.  They all passed within the tolerance specified (Nice!).   I validated on the MAC here that we got about a 4-5x speedup for that method call.

We are still looking at valgrind items to see what's valid and not.  Will try to get factory destructions added over time.

Take care and have a good day.

Garrett

On Jul 25, 2013, at 9:23 AM, Norman Goldstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, Garrett.
>
> Thank you for the acknowledgement and thorough testing.
>

> On 07/25/2013 05:13 AM, Garrett Potts wrote:
>> Hello Norman:
>>
>> Awesome!  Thank you!
>>
>> I wrote a quick test that generated a random points between -180 <= lon <= 180 and -90 <= lat <= 90 and -8000 <= hgt <= 8000
>>

>> The only fluctuation I saw was the hgt scale at the nanometer precision.
>>
>> Very Nice!  I have checked in the source into SVN.  I put your name in the new function XYZ......  for credit.  If you do not want it there please let me know.
>>

>> Take care
>>
>> Garrett
>>
>> On Jul 25, 2013, at 2:23 AM, Norman Goldstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have attached a source file that builds into an executable that runs and compares the throughput of ossimEllipsoid::XYZToLatLonHeight with XYZToLatLonHeight2, a function that I wrote.  The latter seems to be about 5 times faster, but I have not done extensive testing.
>>> I have framed the code as LGPL, which should be compatible with OSSIM, in case this code is decided to be part, in some way, of OSSIM.
>>>
>>> <RunGeocentricToGeodetic.cpp>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> See everything from the browser to the database with AppDynamics
>>> Get end-to-end visibility with application monitoring from AppDynamics
>>> Isolate bottlenecks and diagnose root cause in seconds.
>>> Start your free trial of AppDynamics Pro today!
>>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=48808831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk_______________________________________________
>>> www.ossim.org
>>> Ossim-developer mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer

> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ossim-developer

Re: XYZToLatLonHeight

David Burken
Hi guys,

Multiple failures on my ossim-batch-test suite.  Looks like they are all
floating point wiggle in sensor models affected by elevation.
Accepting as new expected results...  Below output is just one test of
an ossim-applanix2ogeom run.

Thanks,
Dave

test2.postprocess_command[0]: FAILED

output follows:
60,65c60,65
< ll_lat:  46.5451618607429
< ll_lon:  -87.3759435599079
< lr_lat:  46.5588006303848
< lr_lon:  -87.3756710886018
< meters_per_pixel_x:  0.276990977708415
< meters_per_pixel_y:  0.276990977708415
---
 > ll_lat:  46.5451618607418
 > ll_lon:  -87.3759435599094
 > lr_lat:  46.5588006303834