XYZ tiles as background maps

Immo Blecher-2

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if anybody has managed to include XYZ tiles as Background layers. We are building a site for groundwater information for the City of Cape Town and Environs and have been successful with most of the layers, most of which take data from PostGIS and Spatialite databases.

The particular layers I want to include can be accessed from QGIS with

https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/tiles/50k/{z}/{x}/{-y}.png

and

http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/ngi-aerial/{z}/{x}/{y}.jpg

and they work perfectly in QGIS. But all I get on the QWC2 client are blank pages with most of the options I tried. I also added them in QGIS and set the server settings to advertise them as background, again just white background pages.

If you want to have a look at our QWC2 implementation on a temporary server in the meantime you can go to https://blecher.privatedns.org

Any idea how to do it, if possible at all?

Regards

Immo

--

Immo F. Blecher
Street:

Contact me: [hidden email] immoblecher

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Re: XYZ tiles as background maps

Sandro Mani

Hi

For the moment you need to add a tileprovider configuration in qwc2/utils/ConfigProvider.js, see [1].

Best
Sandro

[1] https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app/issues/155

On 30.08.19 16:16, Immo Blecher wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much,

That worked like a charm, should have searched a bit more to find the post.

Regards

Immo