Quantcast

XSLT caching in 3.0.5

Jo Cook
Hi All,

We've got a geonetwork instance running 3.0.5 snapshot in production use, and we're getting a lot of blank pages, which are fixed by reloading the cache by calling  http://url/geonetwork/static/wroAPI/reloadCache and http://url/geonetwork/static/wroAPI/reloadModel in a browser.

This has been happening a lot as the system is being used more heavily. Originally I thought it was only happening when substantial changes to xsl were being made, but it's being reported by users when no changes are being made to the system.

Currently our configuration is set to use de.fzi.dbs.xml.transform.CachingTransformerFactory but I'm wondering if that might actually be contributing to the issue?

If not, can anyone give me some pointers as to how I can fix the problem?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Re: XSLT caching in 3.0.5

Jose Garcia
Hi Jo

The wro cache has nothing to do with the xslt caching, it's related to the javascript minification and cache of these files. The error you mention, have you check if any error in the server log?

Related to the setting you mention (de.fzi.dbs.xml.transform.CachingTransformerFactory), if you build GeoNetwork with the maven profile prod, the  de.fzi.dbs.xml.transform.CachingTransformerFactory should be the default:

$ mvn clean install -Penv-prod

Regards,
Jose García

t:<a href="tel:%2B44%207930%20524%20155" value="+447930524155" target="_blank">+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

--
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:<a href="tel:%2B44%201372%20744%20009" value="+441372744009" target="_blank">+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech

Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664