Writing geotiff file using geotools java lib

Writing geotiff file using geotools java lib

Arunima Singh
Hi all,

I have geographic spatial data as following -
latitude, longitude, value.

I want to create a geotiff image using this data. Is this possible using geotools java lib?
Please let me know any tutorial link, if available for the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Arunima Singh.

Re: Writing geotiff file using geotools java lib

Devon Tucker
Hi Arunima,

You may want to take a look at some of the tutorials on the GeoTools documentation website. In particular the Image Lab tutorial, which has examples of reading in a vector data source and programmatically creating map content:

And then the GTRenderer tutorial, which contains examples for rendering map content to an image:

In the final example if you use geotiff instead of jpg for the output format it should work.

Hope this helps.