Writing DXF blocks with DxfEntityMaker

tomislav.obad
Hi,

My name is Tomislav Obad and am working as GIS software developer at IGEA, Croatia.
I'm not primary a gvsig developer, but am developing using OpenJump/Kosmo framework because of our need for Oracle connector.
And as you may know Kosmo is using gvsig libraries for dxf export.

I have a task in which I have to export a DXF file (version 2000 is ok) which contains blocks.

I'm sending you 3 files in attachment. One is DXF sample with only one layer (1_kc_broj) which contains only one element in block called kc in it has one attribute called kc_broj with value 727.
This is type of block which has been regulated by our State Geodesic Agency so we cannot agotiate for it to be changed. This format (with all layers included) is used for cadastral graphic data, and we use it to polygonize lines and retrieve attribute values from blocks which then represent a attributes of parcels.

Other two files is DxfEntityMaker which Kosmo uses, and their own own class (DXFWriter.java) used for dxf writing.

I did some research on DXF format v2000 (http://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/index.htm) but the format is rather complicated and first I'm trying to find a simplier solution.
My thought is why not continue to use your libraries. I see that there are the methods like createBlock, createInsert but I don't know how to use them in proper way.

It would mean a lot if you could help me with my blocking issue.

Kind regards,
Tomislav

1_block.zip (17K) Download Attachment
DxfEntityMaker.java (124K) Download Attachment
DXFWriter.java (79K) Download Attachment

Writing DXF blocks with DxfEntityMaker

tomislav.obad
Hi all.

I've been waiting the answers regarding writing DXF blocks for two weeks now.

What's the problem? Is there some issue with Kosmo?

At least let me know is this possible with gvSIG or not.

Tomislav

Re: Writing DXF blocks with DxfEntityMaker

Francisco José Peñarrubia
Hi Tomislav.

Sorry about the delay. These days are getting more and more harder, and there are projects in a hurry.

About DXF blocks, they are not supported right now. I think it would be a good idea to dedicate time in order to support them.
We are open for any patches that could add this support.

Have fun.

Fran.

El 16/05/2011 8:22, Tomislav Obad escribió:
Hi all.

I've been waiting the answers regarding writing DXF blocks for two weeks now.

What's the problem? Is there some issue with Kosmo?

At least let me know is this possible with gvSIG or not.

Tomislav

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es