Windows installer

12

Windows installer

David Burken
All:

We're getting back to windows.  Will have nightly 64 bit builds up soon
and will start posting binaries.  Here's a windows 32 bit installer with
ossim command line apps, iview, imagelinker, ossim-geocell.

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe

Notes:
- This does NOT set any environment variables.  There's an
ossim-osgeo.bat file in install dir for convenience.
- ossim-geocell is really an alpha release.  Has some cool stuff in it
though so I thought I'd include it.

Take care,
Dave

Re: Windows installer

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

I could not download, the message is
"You don't have permission to access /ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe on this server."

-Jukka Rahkonen-
 David Burken wrote:

> All:

> We're getting back to windows.  Will have nightly 64 bit builds up soon
> and will start posting binaries.  Here's a windows 32 bit installer with
> ossim command line apps, iview, imagelinker, ossim-geocell.

> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe

> Notes:
> - This does NOT set any environment variables.  There's an
> ossim-osgeo.bat file in install dir for convenience.
> - ossim-geocell is really an alpha release.  Has some cool stuff in it
> though so I thought I'd include it.

> Take care,
> Dave

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
I see that.  Just fixed.
Dave

On 1/27/2013 5:16 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could not download, the message is
> "You don't have permission to access /ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe on this server."
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>   David Burken wrote:
>
>> All:
>> We're getting back to windows.  Will have nightly 64 bit builds up soon
>> and will start posting binaries.  Here's a windows 32 bit installer with
>> ossim command line apps, iview, imagelinker, ossim-geocell.
>> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe
>> Notes:
>> - This does NOT set any environment variables.  There's an
>> ossim-osgeo.bat file in install dir for convenience.
>> - ossim-geocell is really an alpha release.  Has some cool stuff in it
>> though so I thought I'd include it.
>> Take care,
>> Dave

Re: Windows installer

Garrett Potts-2
Hello Dave:

Good Deal!

On Monday I will show you the inno setup file I use on the old HUDSON build on the 32-bit windows machine on JOLT.  We can integrate into your nightly build system.  It is a command line script that runs from a setup file.  The setup file can be generated.

Take care

Garrett

On Jan 27, 2013, at 5:09 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All:
>
> We're getting back to windows.  Will have nightly 64 bit builds up soon
> and will start posting binaries.  Here's a windows 32 bit installer with
> ossim command line apps, iview, imagelinker, ossim-geocell.
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe
>
> Notes:
> - This does NOT set any environment variables.  There's an
> ossim-osgeo.bat file in install dir for convenience.
> - ossim-geocell is really an alpha release.  Has some cool stuff in it
> though so I thought I'd include it.
>
> Take care,
> Dave

Re: Windows installer

oscarkramer
That's great Dave. Thanks! What about packaging the dependencies SDKs for windows as well? Let me know if you need anything.

Oscar
On 1/27/2013 5:16 PM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could not download, the message is
> "You don't have permission to access /ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe on this server."
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>   David Burken wrote:
>
>> All:
>> We're getting back to windows.  Will have nightly 64 bit builds up soon
>> and will start posting binaries.  Here's a windows 32 bit installer with
>> ossim command line apps, iview, imagelinker, ossim-geocell.
>> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-20130127-2.exe
>> Notes:
>> - This does NOT set any environment variables.  There's an
>> ossim-osgeo.bat file in install dir for convenience.
>> - ossim-geocell is really an alpha release.  Has some cool stuff in it
>> though so I thought I'd include it.
>> Take care,
>> Dave

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
It should have everything except the vs10 redist package.  I initially
had tiff, geotiff, gdal apps in the bundle but then though I should
take'm out.  I didn't set the PATH and PREFS by design but maybe I
should.   We can do that also.  First installer in a while...

Dave

On 1/28/13 9:48 AM, Oscar L. Kramer wrote:

> That's great Dave. Thanks! What about packaging the dependencies SDKs for windows as well? Let me know if you need anything.
>
> Oscar

Re: Windows installer

MORALES MEJIA JULIO-2
Hi list!

Just a wish ...

Could it be possible to have a windows installer without admin privileges? I have no admin priv in my at-work pc, so I'd love not to ask every time to the support department to install it ...

I think there would be some other guys in this situation that this modification could be of benefit for them ... I hope!

Thanks in advanced!

Julio

It should have everything except the vs10 redist package.  I initially had tiff, geotiff, gdal apps in the bundle but then though I should take'm out.  I didn't set the PATH and PREFS by design but maybe I
should.   We can do that also.  First installer in a while...

Dave

On 1/28/13 9:48 AM, Oscar L. Kramer wrote:

> That's great Dave. Thanks! What about packaging the dependencies SDKs for windows as well? Let me know if you need anything.
>
> Oscar

Peter Borissow
+1

In fact, it would be nice to have a zip file with all the command line apps with no installer.

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
Latest in a zip file:

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-201310128-1.zip

I'm seeing cache issues in imagelinker and ossim-geocell with NITF with
j2k blocks.  Have to hunt that down.  Seen before...

Take care,
Dave

On 01/28/2013 03:28 PM, Jon Sellars wrote:

> For users in the GOV, a non administrative install is a must.
>
> thanks!
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>   You guys are killing me.  I can do that.  It will be tonight.  Have to
>> do that thing called work today:-)
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 1/28/13 11:41 AM, Peter Borissow wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> In fact, it would be nice to have a zip file with all the command line
>> apps with no installer.
>>

>>     ------------------------------
>> *From:* MORALES MEJIA JULIO <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>
>> *To:* "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>> <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>

The ossim-osgeo.bat file has hardcoded paths. I tried to follow the OSGeo4W launching batch file and wrote this

::---
:: File: osim-osgeo.bat
::
rem Set OSSIM home dir to the same directory this script exists in
set OSSIM_ROOT=%~dp0
rem Convert double backslashes to single
set OSSIM_ROOT=%OSSIM_ROOT:\\=\%
echo. & echo OSSIM home is %OSSIM_ROOT% & echo.
pause

set OSSIM_DATA=%~d0\data1
rem Convert double backslashes to single
set OSSIM_DATA=%OSSIM_DATA:\\=\%
echo. & echo OSSIM_DATA directory is %OSSIM_DATA% & echo.
pause
set OSSIM_PREFS_FILE=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\share\ossim-prefs
set PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin;%PATH%

Someone should verify because I mainly copied from osgeo4w.bat without understanding too much.

I do not know what to do for ossim-prefs which has hardcoded paths too.
plugin.file1: D:\ossim-osgeo\plugins\ossimkakadu_plugin.dll

-Jukka Rahkonen-
David wrote:

> Latest in a zip file:

> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-201310128-1.zip

> I'm seeing cache issues in imagelinker and ossim-geocell with NITF with
> j2k blocks.  Have to hunt that down.  Seen before...

> Take care,
> Dave

On 01/28/2013 03:28 PM, Jon Sellars wrote:

> For users in the GOV, a non administrative install is a must.
>
> thanks!
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>   You guys are killing me.  I can do that.  It will be tonight.  Have to
>> do that thing called work today:-)
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 1/28/13 11:41 AM, Peter Borissow wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> In fact, it would be nice to have a zip file with all the command line
>> apps with no installer.
>>

>>     ------------------------------
>> *From:* MORALES MEJIA JULIO <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>
>> *To:* "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>> <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>

Sorry, pause commands should be removed and OSSIM_ROOT should naturally be used in all places.

set OSSIM_PREFS_FILE=%OSSIM_ROOT%\share\ossim-prefs
set PATH=%OSSIM_ROOT%\bin;%PATH%

-Jukka-

David wrote:

> Latest in a zip file:

> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-201310128-1.zip

> I'm seeing cache issues in imagelinker and ossim-geocell with NITF with
> j2k blocks.  Have to hunt that down.  Seen before...

> Take care,
> Dave

On 01/28/2013 03:28 PM, Jon Sellars wrote:

> For users in the GOV, a non administrative install is a must.
>
> thanks!
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>   You guys are killing me.  I can do that.  It will be tonight.  Have to
>> do that thing called work today:-)
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 1/28/13 11:41 AM, Peter Borissow wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> In fact, it would be nice to have a zip file with all the command line
>> apps with no installer.
>>

>>     ------------------------------
>> *From:* MORALES MEJIA JULIO <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>
>> *To:* "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>> <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>

Great Job Dave!

Couple suggestions (in order of importance):

1. Get this tied to the build system so we can get regular nightly builds. It'll also help the devs find any issues that might crop up during the day.

2. README file that includes a SVN revision number and "installation" instructions (e.g. "Step 1 - edit the prefs file").

3. x64 build

4. More formats/plugins

Thanks!
Peter

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
Hi Jukka,

Hey thanks!  I'll put this in next distribution...

Dave

On 1/29/13 1:13 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Sorry, pause commands should be removed and OSSIM_ROOT should naturally be used in all places.
>
> set OSSIM_PREFS_FILE=%OSSIM_ROOT%\share\ossim-prefs
> set PATH=%OSSIM_ROOT%\bin;%PATH%
>
> -Jukka-
> Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The ossim-osgeo.bat file has hardcoded paths. I tried to follow the OSGeo4W launching batch file and wrote this
> ::---
> :: File: osim-osgeo.bat
> ::
> rem Set OSSIM home dir to the same directory this script exists in
> set OSSIM_ROOT=%~dp0
> rem Convert double backslashes to single
> set OSSIM_ROOT=%OSSIM_ROOT:\\=\%
> echo. & echo OSSIM home is %OSSIM_ROOT% & echo.
> pause
>
> set OSSIM_DATA=%~d0\data1
> rem Convert double backslashes to single
> set OSSIM_DATA=%OSSIM_DATA:\\=\%
> echo. & echo OSSIM_DATA directory is %OSSIM_DATA% & echo.
> pause
> set OSSIM_PREFS_FILE=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\share\ossim-prefs
> set PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin;%PATH%
>
> Someone should verify because I mainly copied from osgeo4w.bat without understanding too much.
>
> I do not know what to do for ossim-prefs which has hardcoded paths too.
> plugin.file1: D:\ossim-osgeo\plugins\ossimkakadu_plugin.dll
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
> David wrote:
>
>> Latest in a zip file:
>> http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim-osgeo_x86-201310128-1.zip
>> I'm seeing cache issues in imagelinker and ossim-geocell with NITF with
>> j2k blocks.  Have to hunt that down.  Seen before...
>> Take care,
>> Dave
>
> On 01/28/2013 03:28 PM, Jon Sellars wrote:
>> For users in the GOV, a non administrative install is a must.
>>
>> thanks!
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM, David Burken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>>    You guys are killing me.  I can do that.  It will be tonight.  Have to
>>> do that thing called work today:-)
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>>> On 1/28/13 11:41 AM, Peter Borissow wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> In fact, it would be nice to have a zip file with all the command line
>>> apps with no installer.
>>>

>>>      ------------------------------
>>> *From:* MORALES MEJIA JULIO <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>
>>> *To:* "[hidden email]"<[hidden email]>
>>> <[hidden email]><[hidden email]>

Re: Windows installer

Andyjo
Dave,
Are you using the cmake ossim-cmake-config.bat to generate your vc projects and them build? if so are you using the configuration checked into svn? I'm having all sort of trouble with dependencies building on windows, tried using the OSgeo4W installer to get everything, but it seems to be missing a few components in the advanced installer.
I also tried just taking the latest windows binary package you made, dumping it into the output project path, but i'm still getting errors about missing dll's that i didn't think were called out in the cmake files.
If you could make the configuration you're using available, i'd love to contribute to the buckeye sensor model.
Thanks!

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
Hi,

That's Oscar's batch file.  I use cmake to generate nmake files.  I use
something like the:

ossim-package-cmake-config-vs9-nmake-v1.bat

I can post my sandbox with all dependencies.  Everything except kakadu
stuff.  Currently have:
32 and 64 for VS10.  Which flavor?

Dave

On 02/12/2013 01:53 PM, Andyjo wrote:

> Dave,
> Are you using the cmake ossim-cmake-config.bat to generate your vc projects
> and them build? if so are you using the configuration checked into svn? I'm
> having all sort of trouble with dependencies building on windows, tried
> using the OSgeo4W installer to get everything, but it seems to be missing a
> few components in the advanced installer.
> I also tried just taking the latest windows binary package you made, dumping
> it into the output project path, but i'm still getting errors about missing
> dll's that i didn't think were called out in the cmake files.
> If you could make the configuration you're using available, i'd love to
> contribute to the buckeye sensor model.
> Thanks!

Re: Windows installer

Andyjo
I'd ultimately like to end up running x64, but i currently have a 32 bit version running to play with. Are the dependencies you have just pulled from OSgeo4W, or did you pull the source for each and compile them separately? I tried the ladder at first and ended up with a giant mess, although it would be nice to be able to do to have the most up to date libraries, but i'll take what i can get for now!

Re: Windows installer

David Burken
I'll post my 32 bit.  I can't do it right now, not booted, but I'll get
it at least first thing in morning.   I build my own stuff (almost all)
and install to a 3rd party directory.  It's getting easier as more
packages migrate to  cmake and have install targets. It's a little
painful but once the 3rd party stuff is built I rarely update it.
Anyway I'll shoot email out when it's out there.
Take care,
Dave

On 02/12/2013 03:37 PM, Andyjo wrote:

> I'd ultimately like to end up running x64, but i currently have a 32 bit
> version running to play with. Are the dependencies you have just pulled from
> OSgeo4W, or did you pull the source for each and compile them separately? I
> tried the ladder at first and ended up with a giant mess, although it would
> be nice to be able to do to have the most up to date libraries, but i'll
> take what i can get for now!

Re: Windows installer

oscarkramer
Andy,

That bat file is only for generating the visual studio project files for ossim, ossim_plugins, and ossim_qt4. Maybe some others like planet also but the point being it is only meant for building OSSIM code, not its dependencies.

For the dependencies, I remember struggling to build each lib independently according to its build instructions. It was a real pain but I only had to do it once and then didn't touch it.

I'll Ping Dave about the situation tomorrow.

Oscar

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this Communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this Communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.

12