WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

Marco Pasetti-2
Hi,

in WinGRASS Current Status (from GRASS wiki) I read as follows:

After compiling [GRASS] you should copy libxdr.dll, libproj.dll, libpng.dll, libgdal-1.dll and libz.dll.1.2.3 into the GRASS lib directory and all the GDAL and PROJ .exe files in the bin directory into the GRASS bin directory, and then you have a more or less self-contained GRASS distribution.

is that necessary even if I want to use grass only with grass plug-in in QGIS?

Thanks

PS: I'm building qgis+grass by myself on windows, creating my own msys enviroment; I'm also in contact with grass-dev list, and I think that some instructions in http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource should be fixed. What should I do?

Thanks

Marco

Re: WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

Tim Sutton
Hi Marco

Ideally changes to the building from source procedure should be
submitted as a patch to INSTALL.t2t which is the master document that
the INSTALL text docuemnt and BuildingFromSource wiki page get
generated from. You can fine INSTALL.t2t in the top level of the QGIS
svn checkout.

Regards

Tim

2008/1/24, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> in WinGRASS Current Status (from GRASS wiki) I read as follows:
>
> After compiling [GRASS] you should copy libxdr.dll, libproj.dll, libpng.dll,
> libgdal-1.dll and libz.dll.1.2.3 into the GRASS lib directory and all the
> GDAL and PROJ .exe files in the bin directory into the GRASS bin directory,
> and then you have a more or less self-contained GRASS distribution.
>
> is that necessary even if I want to use grass only with grass plug-in in
> QGIS?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: I'm building qgis+grass by myself on windows, creating my own msys
> enviroment; I'm also in contact with grass-dev list, and I think that some
> instructions in
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource should be
> fixed. What should I do?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marco

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member - Release  Manager
Visit http://qgis.org for a great open source GIS
openModeller Desktop Developer
Visit http://openModeller.sf.net for a great open source ecological
niche modelling tool
Home Page: http://tim.linfiniti.com
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

R: WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

Marco Pasetti-2
Hi Tim,

I found INSTALL.t2t at
https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/trunk/qgis/INSTALL.t2t
How can I modify the document (indicating where I placed modifications) and
then how can I propose my changes?
Regards,

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: R: WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

Tim Sutton
Hi

If you have a svn checkout of qgis (which I figure you will be doing
if you are planning to build from source) you will find it in the top
level checkout dir. Alternatively you can just cehck out that one file
like this:

mkdir qgis_tmp
cd qgis_tmp
svn co https://svn.qgis.org/repos/qgis/trunk/qgis/INSTALL.t2t

make your edits, then submit your changes to the qgis trac or to a
qgis dev using the procedure described here:

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DevelopersManual#head-fab2f4f09fd38b13648712795e4ce9a108677f71

Best regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

R: R: WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment

Marco Pasetti-2
Re: R: [Qgis-developer] WinGRASS Building Instructions And QGIS Compile Enviroment <BASE href=http://mailstore.rossoalice.alice.it/exchange/Alice000000001264700/Bozze/R:%20R:%20[Qgis-developer]%20WinGRASS%20Building%20Instructions%20And%20QGIS%20Compile%20Enviroment.EML/1_text.htm>
Hi Tim,

roger that. I'm still collecting change proposals. I will do taht maybe this evening or tomorrow morning.
Bye,

Marco

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net