Wicket HTML not showing up

Suftin, Ivan
Hey there,

I am having an issue where I am trying to create a Wicket page that links off of the left-side menu.  My link shows up.  When I click on it, I see the title and description.  However, the HTML contained in my UploadPage.html does not show up.  It's also not in the source when I view the HTML source.  I am tailing the geoserver logs and am seeing no errors. I also am debugging my UploadPage.java class and drop a breakpoint on the one executable line and this line does get hit.

My ApplicationContext.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>
    <bean id="uploadPage" class="org.geoserver.web.MenuPageInfo">
        <property name="id"             value="uploadPage"/>
        <property name="titleKey"       value="UploadPage.page.title"/>
        <property name="descriptionKey" value="UploadPage.page.description"/>
        <property name="componentClass" value="gov.usgs.cida.geoserver.upload.UploadPage"/>
    </bean>
</beans>

UploadPage.html:
<head></head>
<wicket:extend>
  Test <span wicket:id="uploadlabel"></span>
</wicket:extend>

UploadPage.java
package gov.usgs.cida.geoserver.upload;

import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.basic.Label;
import org.geoserver.web.GeoServerBasePage;

public class UploadPage extends GeoServerBasePage {

    public UploadPage() {
        add(new Label("uploadlabel", "This will be used to upload shapefiles"));
    }

}

GeoServerApplication.properties:
UploadPage.page.title=Upload
UploadPage.page.description=A Page To Upload Shapefiles

title = Upload Shapefiles
description = Browse for your shapefile.

What I see on the right-hand side when i click on the link is just:

Upload Shapefiles

Browse for your shapefile.

 Ivan Suftin - Applications Developer - [hidden email]
 Center for Integrated Data Analytics (CIDA)
 U.S. Geological Survey
 8505 Research Way, Middleton, WI 53562
 Office: (608) 821-3825  - Cell : (608) 345-8963

Re: Wicket HTML not showing up

geowolf
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Ivan Suftin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey there,
> I am having an issue where I am trying to create a Wicket page that links
> off of the left-side menu.  My link shows up.  When I click on it, I see the
> title and description.  However, the HTML contained in my UploadPage.html
> does not show up.  It's also not in the source when I view the HTML source.
>  I am tailing the geoserver logs and am seeing no errors. I also am
> debugging my UploadPage.java class and drop a breakpoint on the one
> executable line and this line does get hit.

Guesses:
- there is a typo in the html page, the name is not exactly the same
as the class
- the extension has a typo, e.g., ht1m instead of html

I'm saying this because that behavior would normally happen if the html page
is not found... assuming your page still not create any component, because
if it does you should get an error instead.

As an alternative, maybe some top level container in the page has been
marked as not
visible?

Cheers
Andrea