White pixel (nodata) along footprint

HSt

White pixel (nodata) along footprint

HSt
Hello all,

we are currently serving many tiff files (ca. 4000 per layer) as ImageMosaic
via WMS and WMTS (scale-dependent).
These tiffs are heterogeneous (=true), i. e. mix of RGB and RGBI, various
resolutions. Therefore we use coverage view and we only display RGB (channel
selection in .sld).

One image can have two footprints (because the original image is composed of
two different dates, when the photo was taken, each footprint represents one
date, but referring to the same image). We've generated unique IDs in the
shapefile table, where the footprints.properties is pointing to
(footprint_filter = FID = granule.FID --> shapefile for ImageMosaic =
footprint_source). Footprint behavior is set to CUT.

All in all this works perfectly, but along the footprint line within one
image (remember, exact same image is used twice in the ImageMosaic, each
time with a different footprint), white (nodata) pixels appear and only
occur if the footprint lies exactly in the pixel (divides pixels into 50-50
pieces).

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t384935/FP01_1.png>

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t384935/Fp2.png>

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t384935/Fp3.png>

I don’t know if this is a bug. But is there a possibility to adjust the
tolerance of the footprint behavior or another way to avoid these pixels?
Wasn’t there an option that the footprints can cut through pixels instead of
omitting/picking entire pixels?
Cutting the images beforehand or interpolation (bicubic) are not an option
because the original images should be untouched.

Thanks,
HSt

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html

Re: White pixel (nodata) along footprint

geowolf
Hi,
I would expect an issue like that one if your footprints are vector, as the vectors cannot scale
the same way as pixels (a pixel cannot be split in half, vector data scales linearly).
If you're not already doing so, try to embed raster masks using gdal and enable raster footprints.
If you're already doing so, try first the latest GeoServer version (2.15.x) and if the issue is still there, open a ticket with data, configuration, and a request to reproduce, at https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/projects/GEOS/summary

Cheers
Andrea

HSt

Re: White pixel (nodata) along footprint

HSt
Hi,
thank you for your reply.
I'll guess we are going to live with it for now. Using embedded masks would
mean that we have to duplicate those original tiffs where different
footprints exists.

Thanks for the input,
HSt

--