Which Layer for "simple" tiles?

Alex Mayrhofer-3
Hi,

I have a custom mapserver application which provides prerendered map tiles
using a URI scheme like

http://server/map_layername_zoomlevel_tilex_tiley.png

where zoomlevel is gmaps-like (0 = whole earth), and tilex / tiley are
column/row of the actual tiles. I could easily change tilex/tiley to eg
meters in the projection, if that makes it any simpler. My tiles are in
mercator, currently.

So, which layer could be used to display such tiles in Openlayers?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Alex

Re: Which Layer for "simple" tiles?

Erik Uzureau
Hi Alex,
Seems to me that what you want to do could be adaptable to
the OpenLayers.Layer.WMS class.... Though if I were you,
I would try just writing a new class subclassed off of Grid.js.

Let us know how it goes...
Erik