Where to find symbol library

Rich Shepard
I'm writing .psmap scrips in emacs and need custom legends. The ps.map
command for 'point' has a variable for symbol/group and I've not found this
information in the manual pages. Where can I find the symbols in each group
with pictures and names?

TIA,

Rich

Re: Where to find symbol library

Markus Neteler
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm writing .psmap scrips in emacs and need custom legends. The ps.map
> command for 'point' has a variable for symbol/group and I've not found this
> information in the manual pages. Where can I find the symbols in each group
> with pictures and names?

Do you mean like in what's here?
- https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/master/ps/ps.map/patterns
- https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/master/ps/ps.map/decorations

It might be worth to tweak the related wiki pages:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Ps.map

and add pointer(s) to the manual page. Edits are welcome as usual.

Markus

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Do you mean like in what's here?
> - https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/master/ps/ps.map/patterns
> - https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/tree/master/ps/ps.map/decorations
>
> It might be worth to tweak the related wiki pages:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Ps.map
> and add pointer(s) to the manual page. Edits are welcome as usual.

Markus,

Thank you. I look on the manual pages and the last time I tried the wiki I
could not find what I sought with a search term. If I had the specific URL
(as you provide above) that worked, but not being able to look at an index I
did not make it part of my searching. I tried a Web search but all it found
were generic grass pages and a bunch of Qqis symbol pages. Shrug.

Thanks,

Rich