Quantcast

Where can I find any book or article related to the history of mapserver?

Where can I find any book or article related to the history of mapserver?

Monge
Hello

Where can I find any book or article related to the history of mapserver, because I have some doubts as:

What is the date on which it began to develop mapserver?
How mapserver worked before joining POSTGIS in 2001?
What were the reasons for developing mapserver?

In the homepage of mapserver read a bit of history mapserver, but I think that is not enough. I would like to know more about mapserver =P

Thanks

Re: Where can I find any book or article related to the history of mapserver?

Brent Fraser
Luis,

  Do a Google search on "Fornet Mapserver".  Search the Mapserver email
list at http://www.nabble.com/MapServer-f1214.html

 And have a look at the early email at
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/

Brent Fraser