What's a GCP?

Rich Shepard
The r.in.gdal manual page mentions GCPs. This is a new acronym for me and I
cannot find a relevant definition in my web searches. For what do those
initials stand?

Regards,

Rich

Re: What's a GCP?

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho-2
Should be Ground Control Point(s)

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:34 PM Rich Shepard <[hidden email]> wrote:
The r.in.gdal manual page mentions GCPs. This is a new acronym for me and I
cannot find a relevant definition in my web searches. For what do those
initials stand?

Regards,

Rich

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572

Re: What's a GCP?

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho wrote:

> Should be Ground Control Point(s)

Carlos,

I thought it was GPS related. Thanks for the definition.

Regards,

Rich

Re: What's a GCP?

balotti.and
Hi, as stated by Carlos, GPCs are Ground Control Point(s). They are
used in georeferencing of aerial/satellite images without a coordinate
reference system. Basically are recognizable points in the image of
which the exact geographical position is known. Setting the coordinates
for these points is possible to associate the coordinate to the image.
Regards,

Andrea