What is the recommended setting for Mapguide hosting server?

What is the recommended setting for Mapguide hosting server?

maabas
Hi,
Currently I am running my mapguide in VMware where the vm is set to 8 core
and 16gb of ram. Do I need more power or this is good? What makes it loading
slow over the internet? The server or the client's internet?
Should I subscribe to external hosting or aws for better performance?

Re: What is the recommended setting for Mapguide hosting server?

Flipper
That sounds like enough for most maps.

A slow loading map can be caused by doing any number of things to large or unindexed layers. Themes/filters/labels etc can slow things down, non geometry indexed spatial data.
Try turning off one layer at a time, and see if you have a bad layer

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019, 3:15 AM maabas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Currently I am running my mapguide in VMware where the vm is set to 8 core
and 16gb of ram. Do I need more power or this is good? What makes it loading
slow over the internet? The server or the client's internet?
Should I subscribe to external hosting or aws for better performance?

Re: What is the recommended setting for Mapguide hosting server?

maabas
Hi Flipper,
Thanks for your answer. Will try to do just that.