Welcome Victoria Rautenbach as new Chair of the GeoForAll initiative

Welcome Victoria Rautenbach as new Chair of the GeoForAll initiative

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Victoria,

at the last Board  Meeting [1] we recognized you as new project officers
for the GeoForAll initiative. Congratulations and welcome as new Chair.

You are not listed yet  as new officer for GeoForAll at [2]. We have to
discuss in the next board meeting whether we should list GeoForAll here
too.

Please register at the projects mailing list [3] and board mailing list
[4] and say hi.

And please check this list of Geo4All Advisory Board [5]. Maybe you
should be listed here too.

Astrid

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-01-21
[2] https://www.osgeo.org/about/board/
[5] https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/advisory-board/

Regards

Astrid Emde

--
Astrid Emde

Re: Welcome Victoria Rautenbach as new Chair of the GeoForAll initiative

jody.garnett
Thanks Astrid (and Victoria).

Since GeoForAll is a committee I do not think it needs to join the "projects" list.

GeoForAll is already listed on the boards and officers page so we should keep that current.
--
Jody Garnett

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 11:26, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Suchith Anand

Welcome and congratulations to Victoria.

Victoria is added as administrator for GeoForAll list and AB lists.

Can someone in SAC please help with adding Victoria's email in the GeoforAll lab submission form at

https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/lab-submission/  so Victoria gets notification of new lab submission and can approve etc. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[...]

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: Welcome Victoria Rautenbach as new Chair of the GeoForAll initiative

Victoria Rautenbach
Hi Suchith

Thanks for the well wishes. Appreciate it.

I logged a ticket with SAC and Vicky helped me with this end of last week. The form is now sent to me and Peter.

Regards
Victoria

On 06 Feb 2019, at 15:50, Suchith Anand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome and congratulations to Victoria.

Victoria is added as administrator for GeoForAll list and AB lists.

Can someone in SAC please help with adding Victoria's email in the GeoforAll lab submission form at

https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/geo-for-all/lab-submission/  so Victoria gets notification of new lab submission and can approve etc. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Re: Welcome Victoria Rautenbach as new Chair of the GeoForAll initiative

Helena Mitasova-7
Victoria,

Welcome from me as well, I am very much looking forward to working with you supporting the geoforall initiative

I wanted to ask about the website - I tried to get back to updating the wiki

based on what is new on the website (I know there is a couple new labs missing in the wiki table)

But I found that the form probably uses the contact names instead of labs names, so we need find a way how to fix it.
Also I got an email from Kurt Menke (Birds Eye View GIS, lab #89 in wiki table) who has done amazing work developing material for Geoacademy and QGIS saying that he has submitted the form some time ago and he is still not listed on the website, so I am wondering whether there may be more of the forms that need to be approved. As an OSGeo charter member
he may be able to add and edit his entry directly as he has access but there may be others who cannot do it.

Best regards, Helena