Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

Tim Sutton-4
Hi All

Good news, as it seems regular team recruitment is happening with new
talented developers joining our project! We now have 18 'core'
committers on the project as we can see from the list below. The list
includes Larry Shaffer, our newest core committer, who was granted git
push rights to the master repo by the PSC today.

1 Gary Sherman
2 Alex Bruy
3 Radim Blazek
4 Guiseppe Sucameli
5 Larry Shaffer
6 Otto Dassau
7 Etienne Tourigny
8 Júrgen Fischer
9 William Kyngesbuyre
10 Werner Macho
11 Marco Hugentobler
12 Nathan Woodrow
13 Paolo Cavallini
14 Pirmin Kalberer
15 René-Luc D'Hont
16 Sergey Yakushev
17 Tim Sutton
18 Martin Dobias

I have asked Larry to take over from me as GUI lead on the project -
Larry will work to get the GUI into a good shape for 2.0 and I look
forward to seeing this important area of QGIS getting the attention it
deserves.

Welcome Larry!

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Re: Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

pcav
Il 26/07/2012 00:20, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Hi All
>
> Good news, as it seems regular team recruitment is happening with new
> talented developers joining our project! We now have 18 'core'
> committers on the project as we can see from the list below. The list
> includes Larry Shaffer, our newest core committer, who was granted git
> push rights to the master repo by the PSC today.
>
> 1 Gary Sherman
>
> Welcome Larry!
/s/Guiseppe/Giuseppe
order by?

Anyway: welcome Larry!

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

Nathan Woodrow
Welcome to the team Larry.  I'm happy to lend a hand for any UI related stuff.

- Nathan

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Good news, as it seems regular team recruitment is happening with new
> talented developers joining our project! We now have 18 'core'
> committers on the project as we can see from the list below. The list
> includes Larry Shaffer, our newest core committer, who was granted git
> push rights to the master repo by the PSC today.
>
> 1 Gary Sherman
> 2 Alex Bruy
> 3 Radim Blazek
> 4 Guiseppe Sucameli
> 5 Larry Shaffer
> 6 Otto Dassau
> 7 Etienne Tourigny
> 8 Júrgen Fischer
> 9 William Kyngesbuyre
> 10 Werner Macho
> 11 Marco Hugentobler
> 12 Nathan Woodrow
> 13 Paolo Cavallini
> 14 Pirmin Kalberer
> 15 René-Luc D'Hont
> 16 Sergey Yakushev
> 17 Tim Sutton
> 18 Martin Dobias
>
> I have asked Larry to take over from me as GUI lead on the project -
> Larry will work to get the GUI into a good shape for 2.0 and I look
> forward to seeing this important area of QGIS getting the attention it
> deserves.
>
> Welcome Larry!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
>
> Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
>  * QGIS programming and support services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux

Re: Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

Larry_S
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Nathan Woodrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome to the team Larry.  I'm happy to lend a hand for any UI related stuff.
>
> - Nathan

Thank you, Nathan. I will most certainly be needing help along the way.

I will be documenting on the wiki a proposed process for taking QGIS's
many GUI components from their current state to a more cohesive,
adaptable, finished-looking, and HIG-compliant tool set for version
2.0. I welcome any and all input or help towards the goal of making
the 2.0 GUI as user-friendly, functional and efficient as possible.

I have mentioned some preliminary goals here:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/What-will-be-in-QGIS-2-0-td4987609i20.html#a4987780

Best regards,

Larry

Il 26/07/2012 03:23, Larry Shaffer ha scritto:
> I have mentioned some preliminary goals here:
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/What-will-be-in-QGIS-2-0-td4987609i20.html#a4987780
Hi Larry,
looks a very good programme, thanks for this.
Looking forward to see your improvements (much needed, especially for
some dialog, very difficult to use).
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

macho
Welcome on board Larry!

HIG and GUI is a good thing to work on .. If you need help or
assistence just drop a note ..

regards
Werner

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM, Tim Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Good news, as it seems regular team recruitment is happening with new
> talented developers joining our project! We now have 18 'core'
> committers on the project as we can see from the list below. The list
> includes Larry Shaffer, our newest core committer, who was granted git
> push rights to the master repo by the PSC today.
>
> 1 Gary Sherman
> 2 Alex Bruy
> 3 Radim Blazek
> 4 Guiseppe Sucameli
> 5 Larry Shaffer
> 6 Otto Dassau
> 7 Etienne Tourigny
> 8 Júrgen Fischer
> 9 William Kyngesbuyre
> 10 Werner Macho
> 11 Marco Hugentobler
> 12 Nathan Woodrow
> 13 Paolo Cavallini
> 14 Pirmin Kalberer
> 15 René-Luc D'Hont
> 16 Sergey Yakushev
> 17 Tim Sutton
> 18 Martin Dobias
>
> I have asked Larry to take over from me as GUI lead on the project -
> Larry will work to get the GUI into a good shape for 2.0 and I look
> forward to seeing this important area of QGIS getting the attention it
> deserves.
>
> Welcome Larry!
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
>
> Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
>  * QGIS programming and support services
>  * Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
>  * FOSS Consulting Services
> Skype: timlinux

Re: Welcome Larry Shaffer to the QGIS core developer team

Robert Szczepanek-3
Hi Larry,

On 26.07.2012 03:23, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> I will be documenting on the wiki a proposed process for taking QGIS's
> many GUI components from their current state to a more cohesive,
> adaptable, finished-looking, and HIG-compliant tool set for version
> 2.0. I welcome any and all input or help towards the goal of making
> the 2.0 GUI as user-friendly, functional and efficient as possible.
>
> I have mentioned some preliminary goals here:
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/What-will-be-in-QGIS-2-0-td4987609i20.html#a4987780

I lost "What will be in QGIS 2...." discussion due to offline holidays,
but it's good news that one person will take care of GUI and HIG
coordination efforts.
You can count on me with toolbars optimization and icons tuning.

regards,
Robert

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il 26/07/2012 00:20, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Good news, as it seems regular team recruitment is happening with new
>> talented developers joining our project! We now have 18 'core'
>> committers on the project as we can see from the list below. The list
>> includes Larry Shaffer, our newest core committer, who was granted git
>> push rights to the master repo by the PSC today.
>>
>> 1 Gary Sherman
>>
>> Welcome Larry!
> /s/Guiseppe/Giuseppe

Sorry about that!

> order by?

Its random github order, with the exception of Gary who I moved to the
top of the list since he started this whole show :-)

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net

Il 26/07/2012 13:53, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> /s/Guiseppe/Giuseppe
>
> Sorry about that!

no problem, I'm also used to Paulo, and a few other variants ;)
all the best, Tom.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu