Website Jan 15th relaunch

jody.garnett
Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

Can I ask everyone to login with your OSGeo id and fill in your profile information. As discussed in August MetaCRS is being presented as a cross-project initiative - please take a moment to review and check that you can edit that page.

Re: Website Jan 15th relaunch

Martin Desruisseaux-3
Le 08/01/2018 à 08:41, Jody Garnett a écrit :
Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

- (…snip…)

Is the list of peoples on the steering committee still up-to-date? (I'm not an OSGeo member so I don't know who is actually on the committee)

Is this list restricted to OSGeo projects? If it accepts wider scope, I would suggests to add Apache SIS. There is also some referencing support in UCAR netCDF library.

The https://staging.www.osgeo.org/projects/proj4/ page mentions WKT format, but I though that WKT support was provided by GDAL instead than Proj.4?

    Martin

Re: Website Jan 15th relaunch

jody.garnett
The list of project is very much open to the geospatial community and we would love to see Apache SIS implemented and any other projects you know of. Indeed if you go through the choose-a-project pages, or look at all projects, you can see many open source projects listed, far more than are just in OSGeo ....

The OSGeo incubation committee is taking on review (a quick check of a projects source code repository that it is indeed spatial, open source, and accepting contributions).

--
Jody Garnett