Website Jan 15 relaunch - OSGeoLive

jody.garnett
Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

https://staging.www.osgeo.org/initiatives/osgeo-live-initiative/ - may want to talk a bit more on the goals and team here?

Please login with your OSGeo id and fill in your profile information, making sure to include OSGeoLive in your list of projects!

Because of the nature of the OSGeoLive project it does not fit into any of the categories for the choose-a-project page.  I wanted to propose making a "Quickstart - Try out open source software in a Virtual Machine or bootable USB" under "What if none of these work for me?"

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this in 2017.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Website Jan 15 relaunch - OSGeoLive

Angelos Tzotsos
On 01/08/2018 10:33 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Because of the nature of the OSGeoLive project it does not fit into any of
> the categories for the choose-a-project
> <https://staging.www.osgeo.org/choose-a-project/> page.  I wanted to
> propose making a "Quickstart - Try out open source software in a Virtual
> Machine or bootable USB" under "What if none of these work for me?"

Hi Jody,

This is an excellent idea.

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Re: Website Jan 15 relaunch - OSGeoLive

Nicolas Roelandt
Hi Jody,

Thanks, Great news !

I saw a typo : "OSGeo Live" in the Initiatives menu, where can I change that ?
Same if we want to add more content to the OSGeoLive initiative page ?

Sorry if it is something you already told us.

Warm regards from France,

Nicolas Roelandt

Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

https://staging.www.osgeo.org/initiatives/osgeo-live-initiative/ - may want to talk a bit more on the goals and team here?

Please login with your OSGeo id and fill in your profile information, making sure to include OSGeoLive in your list of projects!

Because of the nature of the OSGeoLive project it does not fit into any of the categories for the choose-a-project page.  I wanted to propose making a "Quickstart - Try out open source software in a Virtual Machine or bootable USB" under "What if none of these work for me?"

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this in 2017.
--
Jody Garnett

Bien cordialement,

Nicolas Roelandt
mail: [hidden email]
mobile: +33 (0)6 42 40 42 55
twitter: @RoelandtN42

Re: Website Jan 15 relaunch - OSGeoLive

jody.garnett
I can fix the menu!

Please login to the website using your osgeo id (as described at the top of this email chain) and you can edit the OSGeoLive initiative page.

--
Jody Garnett

On 8 January 2018 at 23:27, Nicolas Roelandt <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mobile: <a href="tel:+33%206%2042%2040%2042%2055" value="+33642404255" target="_blank">+33 (0)6 42 40 42 55
twitter: @RoelandtN42

Re: Website Jan 15 relaunch - OSGeoLive

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hi all,

@bakaniko - when you login with your osgeo-id and go to the page you
find a pencil-icon at the top-left of the page to go to the edit mode.

Astrid

>>> http://live.osgeo.org
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc [7]
>>
>> --