Website 15th relaunch - projects

jody.garnett
Great news coming out of last weeks system admin meeting - the OSGeo website is scheduled to go live Jan 15th.

- login with your OSGeo id and fill in your profile information
- please share with your project team and ask them to login list themselves as contributors
- double check you are happy with your project page

The project pages are here:

A couple key improvements have been made since our August sprint. When editing "topic' is now nested and matches exactly all the places you want to be discoverable in choose-a-project.

Photos are important. Please do your best to find a project team photo (even just a couple of developers from the last sprint). This website not only introducing our technology, but also our community - and showing people is how we accomplish that visually. The other photo that is important a screen shot showing what the technology can do.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this in 2017.
--
Jody Garnett

Re: Website 15th relaunch - projects

Anita Graser
Thanks for the update Jody!

Is it on purpose that local chapters are not listed on the member profiles yet? e.g. https://staging.www.osgeo.org/member/anita-graser/

Regards,
Anita

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 8:10 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Not on purpose - may be a bug we missed during testing? A quick search shows it was not reported yet...

A few bugs we have been able to fix ourselves (very impressed with SAC teams generosity with their time), and an hour or so a month support if we have questions.

--
Jody Garnett

On 9 January 2018 at 12:32, Anita Graser <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am not sure if your users name is correct maxi Maxi, I do not have access to the OSGeo userid LDAP server to check.

Note: This is the new website replacing drupal (osgeo.org) website. The wiki (wiki.osgeo.org) remains unchanged. The wiki uses its own passwords and is not the same login as your OSGeo userid. For more information see the "osgeo userid enabled services" list here.

Regina Obe has been very helpful with a couple of people that have trouble so far...

The best way to get in contact with SAC is via trac, but since osgeo_id is how you report a ticket I will do so for you now: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2078
--
Jody Garnett

On 9 January 2018 at 14:27, Massimiliano Cannata <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Markus Neteler
Maxi,

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 11:27 PM, Massimiliano Cannata
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jody, i cannot log in on the new wiki while is perfectly working with the
> old one. My user is Maxi71...

Note that the new *web* site uses LDAP authentication (a.k.a.
OSGeo-ID) while the Wiki authentication is still a separated system.

Markus