Web Administration Interface

Jerome A. Wendell

Well, it appears I have pulled some kind of bonehead stunt.  Yesterday I was evaluating some security options to secure layers or possibly services.  I worked through a tutorial for configuring HTTP header proxy authentication.  At the end of the day I logged out of the web administration interface as usual.  This morning I logged back into the web administration interface as admin, and I am able to log in, but I cannot see any more information about Geoserver than I could before I logged in.  Evidently I have made a change that has locked me out of all of the configuration information.  Since it appears that this pertains to my data directory, I presume upgrading to a new version of Geoserver would not change anything.

I am currently using version 2.14.1.  I can provide information from the logs if needed.

Jerome A. Wendell

Re: Web Administration Interface

Jerome A. Wendell

I am just going to restore my entire data directory from backups and see if that takes care of the problem.  I probably should have done that before emailing the user list.

Thanks,

[...]

Restoring my entire data directory from backups solved the problem.  I apologize for emailing the user list before trying the obvious.