Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

沈老
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi~~
I try to promote the QGIS in my organization and want to volunteer to become a translator.
I have requested to join the Chinese Traditional language in the team QGIS Desktop at transifex platform but have not yet get the reply for 2 weeks.

If there are more things I have to do before becoming a translator, please let me know. Thanks a lot!!

Sincerely.

Yu-ting Shen (Oldshen/沈玉婷)

Re: Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Cheng-Tao Lin
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Yu-ting,

I've added you to the documentation project of Chinese Traditional language.

all the best,

Cheng-Tao

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 10:48 AM, 沈老 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hi~~
> I try to promote the QGIS in my organization and want to volunteer to become a translator.
> I have requested to join the Chinese Traditional language in the team QGIS Desktop at transifex platform but have not yet get the reply for 2 weeks.
>
> If there are more things I have to do before becoming a translator, please let me know. Thanks a lot!!
>
> Sincerely.
>
> Yu-ting Shen (Oldshen/沈玉婷)

Re: Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Richard Duivenvoorde
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,

If I'm correct actually most of the Sphinx file is translated in Chinese
Traditional. But QGIS-Website is not yet build in Chinese Traditional.
Please let me/us know if interested.

I think we should do more promotion in Asia!

In general: please translate 'Sphinx'-file/resource of QGIS-Website
first, then some (for you) important pages, and then just ask if the
website can be build in your language.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 06-06-18 05:49, Cheng-Tao Lin wrote:

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi Yu-ting,
>
> I've added you to the documentation project of Chinese Traditional language.
>
> all the best,
>
> Cheng-Tao
>
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 10:48 AM, 沈老 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>>

>> Hi~~
>> I try to promote the QGIS in my organization and want to volunteer to become a translator.
>> I have requested to join the Chinese Traditional language in the team QGIS Desktop at transifex platform but have not yet get the reply for 2 weeks.
>>
>> If there are more things I have to do before becoming a translator, please let me know. Thanks a lot!!
>>
>> Sincerely.
>>
>> Yu-ting Shen (Oldshen/沈玉婷)

Re: Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Richard Duivenvoorde
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,

I added both
zh_TW/zh_hant/traditional
and
zh_CN/zh_hans/simplified

to qgis.org:

https://qgis.org/zh_TW/site/
https://qgis.org/zh_CN/site/

Can somebody please have a look if I use the right terms/names in the
language dropdown?

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/themes/qgis-theme/languageswitch.html#L28-L29

Chinese (Simplified)  中文
Chinese (Traditional) 中文

Or sent me an alternative?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

On 06-06-18 08:14, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi,
>
> If I'm correct actually most of the Sphinx file is translated in Chinese
> Traditional. But QGIS-Website is not yet build in Chinese Traditional.
> Please let me/us know if interested.
>
> I think we should do more promotion in Asia!
>
> In general: please translate 'Sphinx'-file/resource of QGIS-Website
> first, then some (for you) important pages, and then just ask if the
> website can be build in your language.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> On 06-06-18 05:49, Cheng-Tao Lin wrote:
>> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>>
>> Hi Yu-ting,
>>
>> I've added you to the documentation project of Chinese Traditional language.
>>
>> all the best,
>>
>> Cheng-Tao
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 10:48 AM, 沈老 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>>>

>>> Hi~~
>>> I try to promote the QGIS in my organization and want to volunteer to become a translator.
>>> I have requested to join the Chinese Traditional language in the team QGIS Desktop at transifex platform but have not yet get the reply for 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> If there are more things I have to do before becoming a translator, please let me know. Thanks a lot!!
>>>
>>> Sincerely.
>>>
>>> Yu-ting Shen (Oldshen/沈玉婷)

Re: Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Cheng-Tao Lin
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Richard,

Thank you!

The translated terms of Chinese language are as following:

Chinese (Simplified) ==> 簡体中文
Chinese (Traditional) ==> 正體中文

all the best,

Cheng-Tao

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 2:24 AM Richard Duivenvoorde
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added both
> zh_TW/zh_hant/traditional
> and
> zh_CN/zh_hans/simplified
>
> to qgis.org:
>
> https://qgis.org/zh_TW/site/
> https://qgis.org/zh_CN/site/
>
> Can somebody please have a look if I use the right terms/names in the
> language dropdown?
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/themes/qgis-theme/languageswitch.html#L28-L29
>
> Chinese (Simplified)  中文
> Chinese (Traditional) 中文
>
> Or sent me an alternative?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> On 06-06-18 08:14, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I'm correct actually most of the Sphinx file is translated in Chinese
> > Traditional. But QGIS-Website is not yet build in Chinese Traditional.
> > Please let me/us know if interested.
> >
> > I think we should do more promotion in Asia!
> >
> > In general: please translate 'Sphinx'-file/resource of QGIS-Website
> > first, then some (for you) important pages, and then just ask if the
> > website can be build in your language.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Duivenvoorde
> >
> > On 06-06-18 05:49, Cheng-Tao Lin wrote:
> >> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
> >>
> >> Hi Yu-ting,
> >>
> >> I've added you to the documentation project of Chinese Traditional language.
> >>
> >> all the best,
> >>
> >> Cheng-Tao

Want to involve the translation work (Chinese Traditional / QGiS Desktop&Website)

Richard Duivenvoorde
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,

Thanks, updating now. I also move to the zh-Hans zh-Hant form, as I
understand that this is currently the preferred way to name zh languages.

In earlier build scripts that failed, that is the reason it still was
the old forms.

So to be clear, url's will be:

https://qgis.org/zh-Hans/site/ (was: https://qgis.org/zh_CN/site/)
https://qgis.org/zh-Hant/site/ (was: https://qgis.org/zh_TW/site/)