WPS Request Builder JTS:area Raises Error with sf:restricted

WPS Request Builder JTS:area Raises Error with sf:restricted

Martin Lacayo-Emery
 Hello,

I am using GeoServer 2.12.2 WAR with the WPS plugin on Ubuntu 17.10
64-bit.  When I try to use the WPS request builder available under
demos to test the process JTS:area on the sample data sf:restricted I
get the error "DEBUG [org.geotools.util] -
InterpolationConverterFactory can be applied from Strings to
Interpolation only." Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix
that?

In the WPS request builder I select the process JTS:area, input
geometry by reference with the get method and mime type
application/gml-3.1.1, and the URL
http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/sf/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=sf:restricted&maxFeatures=1&outputFormat=gml3

This is part of a larger project to build a Django WPS client
(https://github.com/mlacayoemery/django-wps-client) that will be part
of a workflow tool to hopefully improve the accessibility to
geographic analysis. Any comments or suggestions about this would also
be very welcome as well.

Thank you,
Martin

Re: WPS Request Builder JTS:area Raises Error with sf:restricted

geowolf
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Martin Lacayo <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Hello,

I am using GeoServer 2.12.2 WAR with the WPS plugin on Ubuntu 17.10
64-bit.  When I try to use the WPS request builder available under
demos to test the process JTS:area on the sample data sf:restricted I
get the error "DEBUG [org.geotools.util] -
InterpolationConverterFactory can be applied from Strings to
Interpolation only." Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix
that?

In the WPS request builder I select the process JTS:area, input
geometry by reference with the get method and mime type
application/gml-3.1.1, and the URL
http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver/sf/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=sf:restricted&maxFeatures=1&outputFormat=gml3

A WFS call does not return a geometry, it returns a feature collection (geometry + attribute),
you'll need to add another process in the middle to extract the geometry

Cheers
Andrea

==

==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: WPS Request Builder JTS:area Raises Error with sf:restricted

Martin Lacayo-Emery
Thank you for the quick answer, but I get the same error if I change
the input from get to text and provide the following:

<gml:Polygon>
<gml:exterior>
<gml:LinearRing srsName="http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/26713">
<gml:posList srsDimension="2">
591954.33593856 4925859.48329339 591957.3824433 4925860.24920947
591996.96781797 4925842.71906759 592066.24342282 4925813.75925998
592235.24209189 4925738.30234222 592551.82013723 4925671.4375505
592560.78221267 4925327.90538257 591595.34830099 4925296.06859476
591593.01360623 4925322.43942419 591587.74604609 4925412.53169193
591618.23294523 4925451.49554968 591630.43335437 4925475.17450222
591801.12662566 4925645.57517811 591930.68062413 4925789.22010922
591954.33593856 4925859.48329339
</gml:posList>
</gml:LinearRing>
</gml:exterior>