WMSGetFeatureInfo not working

swaxolez
I hope this isn't a really simple thing as I've wasted far too much time trying to make this work correctly.  Geoserver is hosted at http://www.mydomain.com:8080

When I send a WMSGetFeatureInfo request outside my domain it will not work in Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.  However, it will work from Internet Explorer.

At this point I've tried putting http://www.mydomain.com:8080/geoserver/ in the proxy base url but this still has no effect whatsoever.

If I use firebug and copy my WMSGetFeatureInfo request after sending it and then paste into another browser window (in Firefox) then it will work.

I'm using the install package geoserver 2.12 for windows with jetty on my server.

I really don't want to have to tell my clients to only use IE.  Can someone please help me?

Thanks