WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)

I’m trying to get WMS working for an appschema I’ve set up, but I get the error :

  “The requested Style can not be used with this layer.  The style specifies an attribute of net:geometry and the layer is: tn-ra:inspire_stations”.

I’ve stepped through the look up in the debugger and I can see the Name instance used to look up the attribute descriptor does not have a namespace entry so a match is not found.  I tried setting the default namespace in the sld but get the same error.  I’ve also tried accessing the service with and without the workspace namespace, I tried this as the WFS comes out with null namespaces when you use the workspace namespace.

Can anyone tell me if I’m missing something obvious?

SLD:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<sld:StyledLayerDescriptor xmlns:sld="http://www.opengis.net/sld"

                           xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"

                       xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.1.0"

                       xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"

                       xmlns:se="http://www.opengis.net/se"

                       xmlns:net="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0"

                       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/sld http://schemas.opengis.net/sld/1.1.0/StyledLayerDescriptor.xsd">

  <sld:NamedLayer>

    <se:Name>TN.CommonTransportElements.TransportNode</se:Name>

    <sld:UserStyle>

      <se:Name>TN.CommonTransportElements.TransportNode</se:Name>

      <sld:IsDefault>1</sld:IsDefault>

      <se:FeatureTypeStyle version="1.1.0">

        <se:Description>

          <se:Title>Transport Node</se:Title>

          <se:Abstract></se:Abstract>

        </se:Description>

        <se:Rule>

          <se:PointSymbolizer>

<Geometry>

  <ogc:PropertyName>net:geometry</ogc:PropertyName>

</Geometry>

            <se:Graphic>

              <se:Mark>

                <se:WellKnownName>circle</se:WellKnownName>

                <se:Fill>

                  <se:SvgParameter name="fill">#FF0000</se:SvgParameter>

                </se:Fill>

                <se:Stroke>

                  <se:SvgParameter name="stroke">#000000</se:SvgParameter>

                  <se:SvgParameter name="stroke-width">1</se:SvgParameter>

                </se:Stroke>

              </se:Mark>

              <se:Size>3</se:Size>

            </se:Graphic>

          </se:PointSymbolizer>

        </se:Rule>

      </se:FeatureTypeStyle>

    </sld:UserStyle>

  </sld:NamedLayer>

</sld:StyledLayerDescriptor>

An example feature:

<wfs:member>

  <tn-ra:RailwayStationNode gml:id=" stations.1">

    <gml:name>A name recently</gml:name>

    <net:beginLifespanVersion xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <net:inNetwork xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <net:geometry>

      <gml:Point gml:id="stations-geom.1" srsDimension="2" srsName="http://www.opengis.net/gml/srs/epsg.xml#27700">

        <gml:pos>`12345.678 12345.678 </gml:pos>

      </gml:Point>

    </net:geometry>

    <tn:validFrom xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <tn-ra:formOfNode xlink:href="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/FormOfRailwayNodeValue/railwayStop"/>

    <tn-ra:numberOfPlatforms xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

  </tn-ra:RailwayStationNode>

</wfs:member>

Kind Regards, Vic

Cubic Transportation Systems

Victor Kirk

Senior Software Engineer

Cubic Transportation Systems Ltd

+44 (1642) 636894

cubic.com/transportation

NextCity

RSS

Facebook

Twitter

LinkedIn

YouTube

Co-Winner, London Award for Innovation, London contactless bankcard payment system

London First Awards 2017

Co-Winner, Best Product/Innovation of the Year, NextAgent Virtual Ticketing

Global AirRail Alliance Awards (2017)

http://www.cubic.com/Transportation/About-CTS/Awards

This document is intended for, and should only be read by, those persons to whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received this message in error, please delete it. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our prior written consent is strictly prohibited.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent the position of Cubic Transportation Systems (ITMS) Limited (‘CTS’). Furthermore CTS does not authorise or use e-mail for official contractual correspondence. Nothing received in e-mail has any contractual validity.

CTSL and each legal entity in Cubic Corporation reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Registered Office:
Cubic Transportation Systems Ltd
AFC House
Honeycrock Lane
Salfords
Surrey
RH1 5LA
United Kingdom

Registered in England under number 8498086

Re: WMS with an appschema

Nuno Oliveira-3
Hi,

You don't need to explicitly set the geometry attribute, removing:

<Geometry>

  <ogc:PropertyName><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:geometry">net:geometry</ogc:PropertyName>

</Geometry>
should get you what you expect.

In any case, when referencing a complex feature attribute (i.e. when using app-schema) a XPath expression needs to be used:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/wms-support.html#getmap

The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8017

If you are using a version that got the fix (2.10.3, 2.12-beta, 2.11.1) please open a ticket for it.

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

On 04/11/2017 09:41 AM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

I’m trying to get WMS working for an appschema I’ve set up, but I get the error :

  “The requested Style can not be used with this layer.  The style specifies an attribute of <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:geometry">net:geometry and the layer is: tn-ra:inspire_stations”.

[...]

    <<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:beginLifespanVersion">net:beginLifespanVersion xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:inNetwork">net:inNetwork xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="net:geometry"><net:geometry>

[...]

==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira
@nmcoliveira
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:   +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i file/s allegato/i sono
da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità indicate
nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e
-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo
anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree
June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content,
accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)

Thanks for the reply, if I remove the geometry attribute I get the following error:

Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

RE: The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:

We are using 2.8.2, upgrading is not an option for us just yet, not really a problem as I can work around it.  I thought the two issues could have been related when looking at the target name in the debugger it had a null namespace, if I manually set the filed to when on a breakpoint http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0 it matches the geometry descriptor and gets further.

Regards, Vic

You don't need to explicitly set the geometry attribute, removing:

<Geometry>

  <ogc:PropertyName><a href="net:geometry">net:geometry</ogc:PropertyName>

</Geometry>

should get you what you expect.

In any case, when referencing a complex feature attribute (i.e. when using app-schema) a XPath expression needs to be used:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/wms-support.html#getmap

The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8017

If you are using a version that got the fix (2.10.3, 2.12-beta, 2.11.1) please open a ticket for it.

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

On 04/11/2017 09:41 AM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

I’m trying to get WMS working for an appschema I’ve set up, but I get the error :

  “The requested Style can not be used with this layer.  The style specifies an attribute of <a href="net:geometry">net:geometry and the layer is: tn-ra:inspire_stations”.

    <<a href="net:beginLifespanVersion">net:beginLifespanVersion xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <<a href="net:inNetwork">net:inNetwork xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

[...]

geowolf
I actually thought the attribute checks was not there on complex features, but looking at
the code, it seems it never got excluded.

Rationale: only a certain subset of attributes can really be checked for existence against
the schema, e.g., what do you do when a xpath is crossing a polymorphic type, maybe
the SLD has a filter ensuring that the features are of the right type with the right attribute,
but one cannot predict that until the actual rendering is done.

If my understanding is correct, it would be maybe best not to perform the attribute
existence checks against complex features, or implement a version that's smart enough
to ignore xpaths crossing polymorphic types.

Cheers
Andrea

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Nuno Oliveira <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:   <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob:   <a href="tel:+39%20333%20812%208928" value="+393338128928" target="_blank">+39  333 8128928

[...]

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: WMS with an appschema

Nuno Oliveira-3

| Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

This means that your feature doesn't have a default geometry, which is strange since the example feature you show contains a geometry.
I would then try to set the geometry using a XPath expression like in the documentation example or fix the geometry mapping in app-schema.

Can you share the geometry app-schema mapping you made for your geometry and the associated XSD schema ?

On 04/11/2017 12:54 PM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

Thanks for the reply, if I remove the geometry attribute I get the following error:

Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

RE: The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:

We are using 2.8.2, upgrading is not an option for us just yet, not really a problem as I can work around it.  I thought the two issues could have been related when looking at the target name in the debugger it had a null namespace, if I manually set the filed to when on a breakpoint http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0 it matches the geometry descriptor and gets further.

Regards, Vic

You don't need to explicitly set the geometry attribute, removing:

<Geometry>

  <ogc:PropertyName><a moz-do-not-send="true" href="net:geometry"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:geometry">net:geometry</ogc:PropertyName>

</Geometry>

should get you what you expect.

In any case, when referencing a complex feature attribute (i.e. when using app-schema) a XPath expression needs to be used:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/wms-support.html#getmap

The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8017

If you are using a version that got the fix (2.10.3, 2.12-beta, 2.11.1) please open a ticket for it.

Regards,

Nuno Oliveira

On 04/11/2017 09:41 AM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

I’m trying to get WMS working for an appschema I’ve set up, but I get the error :

  “The requested Style can not be used with this layer.  The style specifies an attribute of <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="net:geometry">net:geometry and the layer is: tn-ra:inspire_stations”.

[...]

    <<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="net:beginLifespanVersion"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:beginLifespanVersion">net:beginLifespanVersion xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="net:inNetwork"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="net:inNetwork">net:inNetwork xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="net:geometry"> <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="net:geometry"><net:geometry>

[...]

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
Vic,

can you show us your WMS request? I expected a query for the app-schema
layer tn-ra:RailwayStationNode not tn-ra:inspire_stations, which looks
like a source feature type.

I recommend using the top-level (non-workspace) service endpoint,
especially for your older version of app-schema. (But you have already
identified that this is not the problem.)

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 11/04/17 20:41, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

> [...]
>
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent the position of Cubic Transportation Systems (ITMS) Limited (‘CTS’). Furthermore CTS does not authorise or use e-mail for official contractual correspondence. Nothing received in e-mail has any contractual validity.
>
> CTSL and each legal entity in Cubic Corporation reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
>
> Registered Office:
> Cubic Transportation Systems Ltd
> AFC House
> Honeycrock Lane
> Salfords
> Surrey
> RH1 5LA
> United Kingdom
>
> Registered in England under number 8498086

Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director
New Zealand

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)

Sure.

The schema is an INSPIRE one and can be found at

http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0/RailwayTransportNetwork.xsd

The app schema is:

<ns3:AppSchemaDataAccess xmlns:ns2="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:ns3="http://www.geotools.org/app-schema">

  <namespaces>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>tn-ra</prefix>

      <uri>http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0</uri>

    </Namespace>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>gml</prefix>

      <uri>http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2</uri>

    </Namespace>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>net</prefix>

      <uri>http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0</uri>

    </Namespace>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>tn</prefix>

      <uri>http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn/4.0</uri>

    </Namespace>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>xlink</prefix>

      <uri>http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink</uri>

    </Namespace>

    <Namespace>

      <prefix>xsi</prefix>

      <uri>http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance</uri>

    </Namespace>

  </namespaces>

  <includedTypes/>

  <sourceDataStores>

    <DataStore>

      <id>dataStore</id>

      <parameters>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Connection timeout</name>

          <value>20</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>port</name>

          <value>5432</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>passwd</name>

          <value>xxxx</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>dbtype</name>

          <value>postgis</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>encode functions</name>

          <value>false</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Evictor run periodicity</name>

          <value>300</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>namespace</name>

          <value></value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>schema</name>

          <value>xxxx</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>create database</name>

          <value>false</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>fetch size</name>

          <value>1000</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>preparedStatements</name>

          <value>false</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>min connections</name>

          <value>1</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Evictor tests per run</name>

          <value>3</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>host</name>

          <value>10.1.100.55</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>validate connections</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>max connections</name>

          <value>10</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>database</name>

          <value>xxxx</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Support on the fly geometry simplification</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Max connection idle time</name>

          <value>300</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Test while idle</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Loose bbox</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Expose primary keys</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Max open prepared statements</name>

          <value>50</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>Estimated extends</name>

          <value>true</value>

        </Parameter>

        <Parameter>

          <name>user</name>

          <value>xxx</value>

        </Parameter>

      </parameters>

    </DataStore>

  </sourceDataStores>

  <targetTypes>

    <FeatureType>

      <schemaUri>http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0/RailwayTransportNetwork.xsd</schemaUri>

    </FeatureType>

  </targetTypes>

  <typeMappings>

    <FeatureTypeMapping>

      <mappingName>tn-ra:inspire_metrolink_stations</mappingName>

      <sourceDataStore>dataStore</sourceDataStore>

      <sourceType>metrolink_stations</sourceType>

      <targetElement>tn-ra:RailwayStationNode</targetElement>

      <attributeMappings>

        <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>gml:name</targetAttribute>

          <sourceExpression>

            <OCQL>label_text</OCQL>

          </sourceExpression>

        </AttributeMapping>

        <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>gml:description</targetAttribute>

          <sourceExpression>

            <OCQL>object_description</OCQL>

          </sourceExpression>

        </AttributeMapping>

        <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>net:beginLifespanVersion</targetAttribute>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>nilReason</name>

          <value>'http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>xsi:nil</name>

          <value>'true'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        </AttributeMapping>

        <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>net:inNetwork</targetAttribute>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>nilReason</name>

          <value>'http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>xsi:nil</name>

          <value>'true'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        </AttributeMapping>

        <AttributeMapping>

          <idExpression>

            <OCQL>strConCat('metrolink_stations-geom.', id)</OCQL>

          </idExpression>

          <targetAttribute>net:geometry</targetAttribute>

          <sourceExpression>

            <OCQL>geom</OCQL>

          </sourceExpression>

        </AttributeMapping>

      <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>tn:validFrom</targetAttribute>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>nilReason</name>

          <value>'http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>xsi:nil</name>

          <value>'true'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

      </AttributeMapping>

      <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>tn-ra:formOfNode</targetAttribute>

        <encodeIfEmpty>true</encodeIfEmpty>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>xlink:href</name>

          <value>'http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/FormOfRailwayNodeValue/railwayStop'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

      </AttributeMapping>

      <AttributeMapping>

          <targetAttribute>tn-ra:numberOfPlatforms</targetAttribute>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>nilReason</name>

          <value>'http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

        <ClientProperty>

          <name>xsi:nil</name>

          <value>'true'</value>

        </ClientProperty>

      </AttributeMapping>

      </attributeMappings>

    </FeatureTypeMapping>

  </typeMappings>

</ns3:AppSchemaDataAccess>

| Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

This means that your feature doesn't have a default geometry, which is strange since the example feature you show contains a geometry.
I would then try to set the geometry using a XPath expression like in the documentation example or fix the geometry mapping in app-schema.

Can you share the geometry app-schema mapping you made for your geometry and the associated XSD schema ?

On 04/11/2017 12:54 PM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

Thanks for the reply, if I remove the geometry attribute I get the following error:

Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

RE: The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:

We are using 2.8.2, upgrading is not an option for us just yet, not really a problem as I can work around it.  I thought the two issues could have been related when looking at the target name in the debugger it had a null namespace, if I manually set the filed to when on a breakpoint http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0 it matches the geometry descriptor and gets further.

Regards, Vic

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)
Hi Ben,

This the request I'm issuing

http://10.200.14.11:8080/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=true&STYLES&LAYERS=tn-ra%3Ainspire_metrolink_stations&SRS=EPSG%3A27700&WIDTH=471&HEIGHT=769&BBOX=381079.6853811008%2C392093.3836187173%2C390070.06990435446%2C406771.95198046276

I've renamed the layer and mapping to use RailwayStationNode as below but get the same error

http://10.200.14.11:8080/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=true&STYLES&LAYERS=tn-ra%3ARailwayStationNode &SRS=EPSG%3A27700&WIDTH=471&HEIGHT=769&BBOX=381079.6853811008%2C392093.3836187173%2C390070.06990435446%2C406771.95198046276

Thanks, Vic

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director
Transient Software Limited <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__transient.nz_&d=DwIDaQ&c=zUSW9Sw6oKY41zSJbj5J3w&r=UoMdtdVen0VRHvGdK-gp4qinb2awhVkiYti1VKQv5A4&m=_5QdyMEwEUrORdBOCgUIHOSjXAVLekDztRAHfnNV1ng&s=WGgF0DzSoJsPmfnSPdR0CRBgEsSn3QDwY9JloUtBwbk&e= > New Zealand

Re: WMS with an appschema

lucvanlinden
Hi Vic

Just as a side note, given you are using app-schema in combination with the INSPIRE schemas, be aware that there was/is a open issue where hyphens in namespaces can cause issues.

https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-6255

I do not think that the issue you are currently facing is related (yet), but know that should you proceed with some more complex and nested mappings, you might run into it.

I have no information for status, nor did we tested this recently.

Good luck.

Luc

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)
Thanks for the heads up.

Re: WMS with an appschema

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
Vic,

what happens if you use *both* LAYERS=tn-ra:RailwayStationNode *and*
remove the <Geometry> element from your style?

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 12/04/17 21:18, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:
> I've renamed the layer and mapping to use RailwayStationNode as below but get the same error
> http://10.200.14.11:8080/geoserver/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&TRANSPARENT=true&STYLES&LAYERS=tn-ra%3ARailwayStationNode&SRS=EPSG%3A27700&WIDTH=471&HEIGHT=769&BBOX=381079.6853811008%2C392093.3836187173%2C390070.06990435446%2C406771.95198046276

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director
New Zealand

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)
Sadly, I get the same error

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)

> The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:
> https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8017
>

> If you are using a version that got the fix (2.10.3, 2.12-beta, 2.11.1) please open a ticket for it.

I thought I’d try this but don’t see a release for these or a tag but I can see your fix in the 2.n.X branches.  When I get the chance to build the branch I’ll give it a shot.

| Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

This means that your feature doesn't have a default geometry, which is strange since the example feature you show contains a geometry.
I would then try to set the geometry using a XPath expression like in the documentation example or fix the geometry mapping in app-schema.

Can you share the geometry app-schema mapping you made for your geometry and the associated XSD schema ?

On 04/11/2017 12:54 PM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

Thanks for the reply, if I remove the geometry attribute I get the following error:

Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

RE: The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:

We are using 2.8.2, upgrading is not an option for us just yet, not really a problem as I can work around it.  I thought the two issues could have been related when looking at the target name in the debugger it had a null namespace, if I manually set the filed to when on a breakpoint http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0 it matches the geometry descriptor and gets further.

Regards, Vic

Re: WMS with an appschema

geowolf
Hi Kirk,
you can use a nightly build:

Cheers
Andrea

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Kirk, Victor (GB) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:
> https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8017
>

> If you are using a version that got the fix (2.10.3, 2.12-beta, 2.11.1) please open a ticket for it.

I thought I’d try this but don’t see a release for these or a tag but I can see your fix in the 2.n.X branches.  When I get the chance to build the branch I’ll give it a shot.

| Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

This means that your feature doesn't have a default geometry, which is strange since the example feature you show contains a geometry.
I would then try to set the geometry using a XPath expression like in the documentation example or fix the geometry mapping in app-schema.

Can you share the geometry app-schema mapping you made for your geometry and the associated XSD schema ?

On 04/11/2017 12:54 PM, Kirk, Victor (GB) wrote:

Thanks for the reply, if I remove the geometry attribute I get the following error:

Rendering process failed Can’t find source expression for: geometry

RE: The WFS NULL namespaces issue should have been fixed some time ago:

We are using 2.8.2, upgrading is not an option for us just yet, not really a problem as I can work around it.  I thought the two issues could have been related when looking at the target name in the debugger it had a null namespace, if I manually set the filed to when on a breakpoint http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0 it matches the geometry descriptor and gets further.

Regards, Vic

Re: WMS with an appschema

Kirk, Victor (GB)

Thanks Andrea!

> [...]

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent the position of Cubic Transportation Systems (ITMS) Limited (‘CTS’). Furthermore CTS does not authorise or use e-mail for official contractual correspondence. Nothing received in e-mail has any contractual validity.

CTSL and each legal entity in Cubic Corporation reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

Registered Office:
Cubic Transportation Systems Ltd
AFC House
Honeycrock Lane
Salfords
Surrey
RH1 5LA
United Kingdom

Registered in England under number 8498086

phone: <a href="tel:&#43;39%200584%20962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:   <a href="tel:&#43;39%200584%20166%200272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob:   <a href="tel:&#43;39%20333%20812%208928" target="_blank">+39  333 8128928

[...]

That did not seem to work, I still get null namespaces when use the workspace in the request (below).  I’m not too concerned however, while this is need for INPSIRE compliance I have a fall back option placing an intercepting servlet to redirect to the global service for a GetFeature request

http://mapsvr-dev2:8080/geoserver/tn-ra/ows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=tn-ra:RailwayStationNode&maxFeatures=50&outputFormat=application%2Fgml%2Bxml%3B+version%3D3.2

This was with 2.10.X, I’ll try with 2.11.X when I get the chance.

Build Information

·         GeoServer Version2.10-SNAPSHOT

·         Git Revision85db491d37f6d7049129aaf113e99a8cf7651a7a

·         Build Date13-Apr-2017 05:46

·         GeoTools Version16-SNAPSHOT (rev 3ceb3fce95fc426c940af85aa7cc518f4473190f)

·         GeoWebCache Version1.10-SNAPSHOT (rev 1cf5733c400f1bb0e7fe4ebe0a67510e589e5af5/1cf5733c400f1bb0e7fe4ebe0a67510e589e5af5)

<wfs:FeatureCollection xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0"

                                       xmlns:tn-ra="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0"

                                       numberMatched="unknown" numberReturned="50" timeStamp="2017-04-13T09:53:30.843Z"

                                       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0 http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/2.0/wfs.xsd http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0 http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn-ra/4.0/RailwayTransportNetwork.xsd http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2 http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.2.1/gml.xsd">

  <wfs:member>

    <tn-ra:RailwayStationNode id="metrolink_stations.1">

      <null:name xmlns:null="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2">A Name</null:name>

      <null:beginLifespanVersion xmlns:null="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0" xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

      <null:inNetwork xmlns:null="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0" xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

      <null:geometry xmlns:null="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/net/4.0">

                <null:Point xmlns:null="http://www.opengis.net/gml/3.2" id="metrolink_stations-geom.1" srsDimension="2" srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::27700">

                  <null:pos>123 456</null:pos>

                </null:Point>

      </null:geometry>

      <null:validFrom xmlns:null="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn/4.0" xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

      <tn-ra:formOfNode href="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/FormOfRailwayNodeValue/railwayStop"/>

      <tn-ra:numberOfPlatforms xsi:nil="true" nilReason="http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/VoidReasonValue/Unpopulated"/>

    </tn-ra:RailwayStationNode>

  </wfs:member>

Re: WMS with an appschema

Nuno Oliveira-3
Thanks for the follow-up.

Regarding the NULL workspaces , did you define in GeoServer workspaces matching your mapping files namespaces ? Maybe the workspace for this namespace is missing:
    <Namespace>

      <prefix>tn</prefix>

      <uri>http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/schemas/tn/4.0</uri>

    </Namespace>

I just made a test and a GML workspace seems also to be necessary, I have in mind that I already stepped on this issue too (I mean the GML namespace should not require an workspace).