WMS service :Is it possible to hide the base url but not the namespaces?

WMS service :Is it possible to hide the base url but not the namespaces?

robertdbuckley
Hi,

Is it somehow possible to hide the layers from this base URL:

http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/wms?

but still enable these URLs?

http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_1/wms?
http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_2/wms?
http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_2/wms?

I have lots of Data which i don´t really want to be visible, although I don´t want to have to set as hidden. Can I somehow configure this is geoserver?

thanks,

Robert

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: WMS service :Is it possible to hide the base url but not the namespaces?

geowolf
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Robert Buckley
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it somehow possible to hide the layers from this base URL:
>
> http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/wms?
>
> but still enable these URLs?
>
> http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_1/wms?
> http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_2/wms?
> http://maps.zgb.de/geoserver/namespace_2/wms?

Not with the existing GeoServer, a layer is either hidden or available, and
the global services are either active or not.
In the following weeks we should open an extension point that would
allow a developer to create a plugin could do, among others, what you want

Cheers
Andrea

--
Ing. Andrea Aime