WMS layer displayed but not WFS layer

PierreLacroix
Hi,
I have installed Geoserver on my local computer. I cannot display a WFS layer while the WMS is displaying. What am I doing wrong?

The following WMS is shown on the map:
WMS_Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "WMS Layer",
"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms",
{layers: 'topp:tasmania_roads', transparent: 'true'}, {opacity: .2});

The following WFS is not shown whereas it is the same layer as the WMS:
WFS_Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS Layer", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        url:"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
        featureType: "tasmania_roads",
        featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp"
        })
    });

Thanks for your reply.

---------
With best regards - Avec mes meilleures salutations,
Pierre Lacroix, PhD.
Scientific Collaborator - University of Geneva - Pole in Environmental Sciences
GIS Analyst - United Nations Environment Programme - UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
http://www.unige.ch/envirospace

Re: WMS layer displayed but not WFS layer

ramotswa
Hi Pierre,

Two things -

1. this should be on the geoserver users forum list, rather than the dev user list.
2. I suspect you are running against CORS restrictions - i.e. you are trying to pull in data to localhost:xx from localhost:8080 where XX isn’t 8080. Images are allowed through via CORS, however ‘scripts’ (xml / gml - what WFS is) isn’t.
Have a look at that and post any other problems on the users list.

Cheers

Toby