WMS getFeatureInfo Tool problem

italavera
Hi again!, I stil having problem with  WMS getFeatureInfo tool

<WebServiceRequest id="featureInfoController">

But now I get this error in an alert pop up message
WebServiceRequest: error finding feature node: topp:mdg_manzanas
topp:mdg_manzanas is the layer
What this error mean?
any idea?
thanks

Re: WMS getFeatureInfo Tool problem

Cameron Shorter
Without looking at the code,
It sounds there is an xml query trying to extract topp:mdg_manzanas from
an XML response.
I suggest:
Use Firebug to see what POST messages are sent, and what response you get.
Use the Firebug debugger, and put a breakpoint in WebServiceRequest
where the error is being reported and see what the problem is.

Note, make sure you use an uncompressed version of the code before you
start debugging. Either download from svn, or download a -src version of
the release.

Ignacio Talavera wrote:

> Hi again!, I stil having problem with  WMS getFeatureInfo tool
>
> <WebServiceRequest id="featureInfoController">
>
> But now I get this error in an alert pop up message
> *WebServiceRequest: error finding feature */*node: topp:mdg_manzanas*
> //topp:mdg_manzanas is the layer/
> /What this error mean?
> any idea?
> thanks/*/
>

> /*

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Think Globally, Fix Locally

Re: WMS getFeatureInfo Tool problem

italavera
Hi, I've debugged it and the error is in line 116 in WebServiceRequest.js

var feature = objRef.model.getFeatureNode(featureName);
116 if (!feature) {
117 alert(mbGetMessage("featureNotFoundWebServiceRequest", featureName));
118 return;
119 }

How can I fill the Feature in the model??
thanks.

Ignacio Talavera wrote:
> Hi again!, I stil having problem with  WMS getFeatureInfo tool
>
> <WebServiceRequest id="featureInfoController">
>
> But now I get this error in an alert pop up message
> *WebServiceRequest: error finding feature */*node: topp:mdg_manzanas*
> //topp:mdg_manzanas is the layer/
> /What this error mean?
> any idea?
> thanks/*/
>

> /*

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254

Think Globally, Fix Locally

Re: WMS getFeatureInfo Tool problem

Magalie
Hi list and Ignacio,

I try to use a GetFeatureInfoWSR widget, a WebServiceRequest tool and a Model to have the (x,y) coordinates of a click on the mapPane.
But I've got the same error "featureNotFoundWebServiceRequest".

Have you debugged this error Ignacio ?

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Ignacio Talavera wrote

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Without looking at the code,
> It sounds there is an xml query trying to extract topp:mdg_manzanas from
> an XML response.
> I suggest:
> Use Firebug to see what POST messages are sent, and what response you get.
> Use the Firebug debugger, and put a breakpoint in WebServiceRequest
> where the error is being reported and see what the problem is.
>
> Note, make sure you use an uncompressed version of the code before you
> start debugging. Either download from svn, or download a -src version of
> the release.
>
> Ignacio Talavera wrote:
> > Hi again!, I stil having problem with  WMS getFeatureInfo tool
> >
> > <WebServiceRequest id="featureInfoController">
> >
> > But now I get this error in an alert pop up message
> > *WebServiceRequest: error finding feature */*node: topp:mdg_manzanas*
> > //topp:mdg_manzanas is the layer/
> > /What this error mean?
> > any idea?
> > thanks/*/
> >

> > /*

> > It's the best place to buy or sell services for
> > just about anything Open Source.

> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Systems Architect
> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
> Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>
> Think Globally, Fix Locally
> Commercial Support for Geospatial Open Source Solutions
> http://www.lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts.html

Re: WMS getFeatureInfo Tool problem

Jonathan Arundel
Hi Magalie,

I think there is a problem with the way that the WMS GetFeatureInfo boundary box attributes are passed in GetFeatureInfoWSR.js, the consequence of which is that the query is executed for a point different to that under the mouse when clicked.  This might explain why your features can't be found.

I've created an issue in JIRA with a proposed fix for this problem, which might help resolve yours.

Regards,
Jonathan