WMS error

bslunab
Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through Mapbender.

However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map) throws the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything it's well configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms like: QGIS, ArcGIS.

Please. Can you help me?

Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.

Re: WMS error

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2020-10-14 3:09 p.m., BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR wrote:

> Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my
> graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through Mapbender.
>
> I am adding the WMS service
> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)
>

> However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map) throws
> the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything it's well
> configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms like: QGIS,
> ArcGIS.
>
> Please. Can you help me?
>
> Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.

Hi Brian,

Also be sure to remove all "WARNING" messages from your GetCapabilities
response, as this could trigger some grief in downstream applications.

(be aware that also Mapbender 3.0.8.6 is recently available for MS4W users)

Great to hear that you are testing in QGIS (Layer/Add WMS layer), a
wonderful way to confirm your WMS service.   Be sure also to install the
"QGIS Network Plugin" to see the exact urls (GetMap/GetCapabilities) and
easily be able to right-click "open request in browser" in QGIS.

--

Thank-you for using MS4W.
"MS4W: open doors as well as windows"

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G

Re: WMS error

jmckenna
Administrator
On 2020-10-14 3:09 p.m., BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR wrote:

> Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my
> graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through Mapbender.
>
> I am adding the WMS service
> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)
>

> However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map) throws
> the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything it's well
> configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms like: QGIS,
> ArcGIS.
>
> Please. Can you help me?
>
> Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.

By the way, for MS4W using the home IP is recommended
(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=..) as over the many years
(now decades) managing this for MS4W users I have seen problems with
"localhost", so, if you want my advice, be sure to always use 127.0.0.1
in your local testing.

Thanks again and hello from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G

Re: WMS error

bslunab
Thank you Jeff, I appreciate your response. I'm using the QGIS plugin but still have the same problem. So I tried with the mapcache WMS request (http://127.0.0.1/mapcache/wms?SERVICE=WMS&Request=GetCapabilities) but the problem persists.

Let me show the following image, it runs only with the Mapbender Users wms request.

imagen.png

On 2020-10-14 3:09 p.m., BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR wrote:
> Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my
> graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through Mapbender.
>
> I am adding the WMS service
> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)
>

> However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map) throws
> the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything it's well
> configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms like: QGIS,
> ArcGIS.
>
> Please. Can you help me?
>
> Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.

By the way, for MS4W using the home IP is recommended
(http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=..) as over the many years
(now decades) managing this for MS4W users I have seen problems with
"localhost", so, if you want my advice, be sure to always use 127.0.0.1
in your local testing.

Thanks again and hello from the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/

Re: WMS error

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Am 2020-10-14 20:42, schrieb Jeff McKenna:

> On 2020-10-14 3:09 p.m., BRIAN STIFFENN LUNA BOLIVAR wrote:
>> Hello everyone, good day, greetings from Colombia. I am doing my
>> graduate work, for which I am implementing a geovisor through
>> Mapbender.
>>
>> I am adding the WMS service
>> (http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/DATA/geoserviciosgeiper.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities)
>> However the platform (through the application Mapbender Demo Map)
>> throws the following error: "The map can not be displayed" Everything
>> it's well configured in the WMS, because I proved in other platforms
>> like: QGIS, ArcGIS.
>>
>> Please. Can you help me?
>>
>> Q: I'm using the Mapbender 3.0.8.5 on MS4W version.
>>

> By the way, for MS4W using the home IP is recommended
> (http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=..) as over the many years
> (now decades) managing this for MS4W users I have seen problems with
> "localhost", so, if you want my advice, be sure to always use
> 127.0.0.1 in your local testing.
>
> Thanks again and hello from the east coast of Canada,
>
> -jeff

Hello Brian,

greetings to Colombia from Cologne :)

If you have still problems please try:

1. Set MAXSIZE to 6000 in your mapfile. Mapbender will always request a
bigger map. The default of MapServer is 4096 from MapServer > 7.0.3
https://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html

2. Debug Mapbender with F12
Go to the Network tab and find the map request ther. Open the map
request in a new tab. -> Is there an error?

3. Does your application support the EPSG code of your WMS

Hope that helps.

Best Astrid

--

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

  -----------------------------------
  Aufwind durch Wissen!
  Jetzt neu: Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
  bei der www.foss-academy.com
  -----------------------------------

   Astrid Emde
   WhereGroup GmbH