WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

Peter Willis-2
Hello,

Which WMS, getcaps query, XML entity is meant to be used as the
layer name that appears in the Quantum GIS legend?

QGIS appears to be defaulting everything to the name given
for the WMS server...(?!) I then need to manually rename
each layer to something more enlightening.

My thought was that maybe I am missing something in my
WMS XML...

Peter
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WG: WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

Hugentobler  Marco



-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Hugentobler  Marco
Gesendet: Di 14.04.2009 22:25
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: AW: [Qgis-user] WMS Layers <TITLE> entity
 

Hi Peter

QGIS now selects the WMS layer name(s) as a first legend name (at least for version >= 1.1). In older version, it was the server name

Regards,
Marco

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [hidden email] im Auftrag von Peter Willis
Gesendet: Di 14.04.2009 22:11
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: [Qgis-user] WMS Layers <TITLE> entity
 
Hello,

Which WMS, getcaps query, XML entity is meant to be used as the
layer name that appears in the Quantum GIS legend?

QGIS appears to be defaulting everything to the name given
for the WMS server...(?!) I then need to manually rename
each layer to something more enlightening.

My thought was that maybe I am missing something in my
WMS XML...

Peter
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user


_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WG: WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

Peter Willis-2
Hello,

Thanks for the information.

Which version of QGIS is the OSGEO 1.0.1-Kore ?
With that install/version I am still just getting the server name
as the default layer name.

I'll ask at OSGEO to see who is doing the package builds...

Peter


Hugentobler Marco wrote:

>
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Hugentobler  Marco
> Gesendet: Di 14.04.2009 22:25
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: AW: [Qgis-user] WMS Layers <TITLE> entity
>  
>
> Hi Peter
>
> QGIS now selects the WMS layer name(s) as a first legend name (at least for version >= 1.1). In older version, it was the server name
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WG: WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

Alex Mandel-2
1.0.1 is 1.0.1 stable
1.1 is svn unstable, you can get this version if you choose the qgis-dev
 version from OSGeo4w

Please realize that 1.1 is the in development version and it changes
daily, so packages of it may not always be exactly the latest, and may
not always work the way you think they might.

I believe the packager is Jürgen E. Fischer who is on this list.


Peter Willis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Which version of QGIS is the OSGEO 1.0.1-Kore ?
> With that install/version I am still just getting the server name
> as the default layer name.
>
> I'll ask at OSGEO to see who is doing the package builds...
>
> Peter
>
>
> Hugentobler Marco wrote:
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: Hugentobler  Marco
>> Gesendet: Di 14.04.2009 22:25
>> An: [hidden email]
>> Betreff: AW: [Qgis-user] WMS Layers <TITLE> entity
>>  
>>
>> Hi Peter
>>
>> QGIS now selects the WMS layer name(s) as a first legend name (at
>> least for version >= 1.1). In older version, it was the server name
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marco
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WG: WMS Layers <TITLE> entity

Peter Willis-2
Hello,

O.K.. I guess I should wait until that feature makes it into the stable
package.

Thanks for the information.


Peter


Alex Mandel wrote:

> 1.0.1 is 1.0.1 stable
> 1.1 is svn unstable, you can get this version if you choose the qgis-dev
>  version from OSGeo4w
>
> Please realize that 1.1 is the in development version and it changes
> daily, so packages of it may not always be exactly the latest, and may
> not always work the way you think they might.
>
> I believe the packager is Jürgen E. Fischer who is on this list.
>
>
> Peter Willis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks for the information.
>>
>> Which version of QGIS is the OSGEO 1.0.1-Kore ?
>> With that install/version I am still just getting the server name
>> as the default layer name.
>>
>> I'll ask at OSGEO to see who is doing the package builds...
>>
>> Peter
>>
>>
>> Hugentobler Marco wrote:
>>>
>>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>>> Von: Hugentobler  Marco
>>> Gesendet: Di 14.04.2009 22:25
>>> An: [hidden email]
>>> Betreff: AW: [Qgis-user] WMS Layers <TITLE> entity
>>>  
>>>
>>> Hi Peter
>>>
>>> QGIS now selects the WMS layer name(s) as a first legend name (at
>>> least for version >= 1.1). In older version, it was the server name
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marco
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Qgis-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user