WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

astrony
Dear All,

May i have some question about WMS GetFeatureInfo on the polygon geometry. I have no idea that when i tried to click on my polygon (exactly polygon in database) for get information through Layer Preview in Geoserver, i cant get it when click inside but it is work when i click on its bound. I am so confusing. Did i do something incorrect in my data or Geoserver?

Thanks in advance to enlighten in this issue

Br,
astrony

Re: WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

Mauro Bartolomeoli-2
Hi,
Which version of GeoServer are you using?
In recent versions the WMS GetFeatureInfo behaviour changed to only respond on clicks done on pixels that are rendered on the map, so what you describe can probably happen if you are using a linear style (no fill) to draw your polygons.

Cheers,
Mauro

Dear All,

May i have some question about WMS GetFeatureInfo on the polygon geometry. I
have no idea that when i tried to click on my polygon (exactly polygon in
database) for get information through Layer Preview in Geoserver, i cant get
it when click inside but it is work when i click on its bound. I am so
confusing. Did i do something incorrect in my data or Geoserver?

Thanks in advance to enlighten in this issue

Br,
astrony

Re: WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)

This was discussed already in June but did it lead to fix?

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.geoserver.user/42254

-Jukka Rahkonen-

[...]

geowolf
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Mauro Bartolomeoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Which version of GeoServer are you using?
In recent versions the WMS GetFeatureInfo behaviour changed to only respond on clicks done on pixels that are rendered on the map, so what you describe can probably happen if you are using a linear style (no fill) to draw your polygons.

Which was a bug, and was recently solved, I believe 2.5.2 has the fix for this (so it will return the polygon even if it's not filled)

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

astrony
Dear Jukka Rahkonen and Mauro Bartolomeoli

Thanks for response.
We are using Geoserver 2.5 and our polygon style has fill but this layers has been created by SQLView which not directly publish from table. Is this the point? Moreover in this SQLView return me with many types of geometry (not multigeometrycollection) which use multi-geometry style to display map.

Br,
Astrony

Re: WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)

That is so exotic that for sure developers haven't had such as a test case. You must be the one who can test it best. I would think ways to make the situation simpler and step by step add new tricks:
- Make SQLView to return only polygons and use simple polygon style
- Make SQLView to return different geometrytypes but keep the simple polygon style (not sure if it can paint the polygons, just thinking)
- Same as before but with multi-geometry styles

-Jukka Rahkonen-

astrony wrote:

> Dear Jukka Rahkonen and Mauro Bartolomeoli
>
> Thanks for response.
> We are using Geoserver 2.5 and our polygon style has fill but this layers has been
> created by SQLView which not directly publish from table. Is this the point?
> Moreover in this SQLView return me with many types of geometry (not
> multigeometrycollection) which use multi-geometry style to display map.
>
> Br,
> Astrony

Re: WMS GetFeatureInfo with Polygon

astrony
Hi all,

Our team found that when we use SQLView which got several type of geometry and styled polygon with <stroke> like this:
 <sld:PolygonSymbolizer>
            <sld:Stroke>
              <sld:CssParameter name="stroke-dashoffset">1</sld:CssParameter>
              <sld:CssParameter name="stroke-dasharray">6.0</sld:CssParameter>
            </sld:Stroke>
 </sld:PolygonSymbolizer>
It will not able to click inside polygon for GetFeatureInfo. We removed this parameter then worked properly.
Thanks for all idea.

Br,
atrony