WG: VB Net wrapper Proj.4

Rüesch Thomas

Hi Eric

I’m upgrading my 32Bit application with an old proj_fw.dll to a 64Bit application.

So I found the Link to your VB Wrappers, but I was not able to download the Files

I found this link: http://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/Public/BDB/Tools/proj4/proj_api.zip

Is there a new link or is my firewall the problem

Thank you very much

Best regards

Thomas

IT Rüesch GmbH

Thomas Rüesch, Dachlissen 23, 8932 Mettmenstetten

079 266 60 14

www.itruesch.ch

Re: WG: VB Net wrapper Proj.4

Sebastiaan Couwenberg
On 05/11/2017 05:39 PM, Rüesch Thomas wrote:
> I found this link: http://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/Public/BDB/Tools/proj4/proj_api.zip

That host is no longer available, but the file was archived:

 http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/Public/BDB/Tools/proj4/proj_api.zip

Kind regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1

Re: WG: VB Net wrapper Proj.4

Rüesch Thomas
Hi Bas
Thank you for the fast answer.
I got the file, which uses proj 4.4.6. with 32Bit
Is the a newer Version of the wrapper dll or one with 64 bit support?

Best regards
Thomas

IT Rüesch GmbH
Thomas Rüesch, Dachlissen 23, 8932 Mettmenstetten
079 266 60 14
www.itruesch.ch

On 05/11/2017 05:39 PM, Rüesch Thomas wrote:
> I found this link:
> http://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/Public/BDB/Tools/proj4/proj_api.zip

That host is no longer available, but the file was archived:

 http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ftp.dfg.ca.gov/Public/BDB/Tools/proj4/proj_api.zip

Kind regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1 _______________________________________________

Re: WG: VB Net wrapper Proj.4

stevejking
Rüesch Thomas wrote
Hi Bas
Thank you for the fast answer.
I got the file, which uses proj 4.4.6. with 32Bit
Is the a newer Version of the wrapper dll or one with 64 bit support?

Best regards
Thomas
After a bit of Googling, I've updated and compiled Eric's VB api wrapper against the current Proj 4.9.3. But strange the dll no longer seems to need Proj.dll, so maybe I did something wrong? The files are here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvBQ7Pt73oO6ghpCVRs1YmTNyVd_

64 and 32 bit. I've only tested the 32bit dll.

Regards
Steve

Re: WG: VB Net wrapper Proj.4

support-2
Hello,

ok .. this looks like a general library problem. The most common reason
for library problems with MSVC is that you are mixing different kind of
libraries and the compiler or linker gets confused. Out of my head ..
make sure ALL parts of the package use same kind of settings ... meaning
that for example ALL libraries are either debug or release .. and that
all links are either static or dll .. and also make sure that all parts
have similar compiler settings etc. etc -- there is much information
about this problem somewhere in MS help files .. just use some good
keywords and searches -- what ever the MSVC compiler / linker settings
are so confusing that it generates that error. This is rather usual
error when compiling with Visual Studio and there are several libraries
that are built with different switches..

Janne.