WFS service - resultType parameter

rszabolcs
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

In the WFS 1.1.0 standard there is a parameter for the GetFeature request to query the number of the feature instances affected by the actual request. The parameter name is resultType, the parameter value for the feature count is hits.

The URL of this kind of request should look like this:
http://server:port/mapguide/mapagent.fcgi?service=wfs&request=getfeature&version=1.1.0&typename=namespace:layer&resultType=hits

In my experience the MapGuide WFS service ignores this parameter. I tried with MGOS 2.5 and MGOS 3.1. The result is the same, the GetFeature request always returned the complete feature set, not the number of the features.

Is there any way to use the resultType parameter with MapGuide?
Or is there any other way to get number of the features of a WFS GetFeature request?

Regards,
Szabolcs