WFS server setup with sqlite data

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WFS server setup with sqlite data

ianwalberg

Folks,

 

We have a working WFS setup on our linux servers which has the sqlite database table as the value in the DATA field.

 

However when we run this on Windows we get no data returned.

 

In the logs there is a number of what appear to be warnings however it looks like no matching records were found.

 

msOGRFileNextShape: Rejecting feature (shapeid = 0, tileid=0) of incompatible type for this layer (feature wkbType 0, layer type 1)

msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.

 

Changing the DATA filed to be ‘select * from table’ works ok on windows.

 

Any help working out what the cause of the problem is appreciated.

 

Thanks, Ian

 

 

 

LAYER

    NAME Cities_3x

    #DEBUG 5

    METADATA

      "wfs_srs" "EPSG:4326"

      "wfs_title" "Cities_3x"

      "gml_featureid" "Name"

      "gml_include_items" "all"

      "wfs_enable_request" "*"

      "wfs_encoding" "UTF-8"

      "wfs_abstract" "Points"

      "wfs_getfeature_formatlist" "geojson"

    END

    TYPE point

    STATUS ON

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR

    CONNECTION 'Cities.db'

    DATA 'Cities_3x' – works in Linux

    DATA ‘select * from Cities_3x’  -- required for Windows

    PROJECTION

      "init=epsg:4326"

    END # PROJECTION

END # LAYER

 


_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WFS server setup with sqlite data

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Ian,

I have just now tested on Windows, using MS4W 3.2.7, using the
commandline utility shp2img.

I found an old sqlite database locally, but it caused me errors with
MapServer so I converted it to spatialite using an ogr2ogr command:

   ogr2ogr -f SQLite myspatialite.sqlite original.sqlite -dsco
SPATIALITE=YES

And then I had no problems using the shp2img utility to produce a map
image (using both ways as you mentioned):

   shp2img -m spatialite.map -o ttt.png -all_debug 3

Once I used ogr2ogr to convert to spatialite, I noticed many new table
changes, such as the table names changing to lowercase, which likely was
causing me troubles on my first tests on Windows.

I wonder what would happen in your case also, if you ran the ogr2ogr
command, which will update your sqlite database to a more recent version
(and likely automatically rename your 'Cities_3x' table name).

Note that MS4W (https://ms4w.com) nicely includes the sqlite3
commandline utility, so you can verify table names if you wish (or just
use ogrinfo command).

Hope that helps a little,

-jeff



--
Jeff McKenna
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/



On 2018-05-16 7:26 PM, Ian Walberg wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We have a working WFS setup on our linux servers which has the sqlite
> database table as the value in the DATA field.
>
> However when we run this on Windows we get no data returned.
>
> In the logs there is a number of what appear to be warnings however it
> looks like no matching records were found.
>
> msOGRFileNextShape: Rejecting feature (shapeid = 0, tileid=0) of
> incompatible type for this layer (feature wkbType 0, layer type 1)
>
> msQueryByRect(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s) found.
>
> Changing the DATA filed to be ‘select * from table’ works ok on windows.
>
> Any help working out what the cause of the problem is appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Ian
>
> LAYER
>
>      NAME Cities_3x
>
>      #DEBUG 5
>
>      METADATA
>
>        "wfs_srs" "EPSG:4326"
>
>        "wfs_title" "Cities_3x"
>
>        "gml_featureid" "Name"
>
>        "gml_include_items" "all"
>
>        "wfs_enable_request" "*"
>
>        "wfs_encoding" "UTF-8"
>
>        "wfs_abstract" "Points"
>
>        "wfs_getfeature_formatlist" "geojson"
>
>      END
>
>      TYPE point
>
>      STATUS ON
>
>      CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
>
>      CONNECTION 'Cities.db'
>
>      DATA 'Cities_3x' – works in Linux
>
>      DATA ‘select * from Cities_3x’  -- required for Windows
>
>      PROJECTION
>
>        "init=epsg:4326"
>
>      END # PROJECTION
>
> END # LAYER
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
mapserver-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users