WFS query with limit and offset

GeoServer - User mailing list
Hello everyone,

I have set up a GeoMesa Accumulo datastore and I would like to fetch the data using a limit and an offset (with some sorting if it is required) but I have not managed to find if this is possible or not.
I have found only this http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Specifying-an-offset-in-a-WFS-GetFeature-request-td3802601.html but it is from 2009 and I cannot find any follow-up.

Can you please let me know if this is possible or not?
Or if there is any tutorial/documentation about what can be used as filter in a WFS GetFeature request?

Thank you very much for you time.

Best regards,
Maria.

Re: WFS query with limit and offset

Ian Turton
This blog post (https://www.geo-solutions.it/blog/wfs-for-the-masses-adding-support-for-paging-and-sorting-in-geoserver/) seems to cover this. So it looks like since 2.1 GeoServer has allowed you to make queries like:

&typeName=topp:states&outputFormat=csv&propertyName=STATE_NAME,PERSONS
&maxFeatures=10&startIndex=10&sortBy=PERSONS%20D

I think the syntax changed for WFS 2.0 but I can't find a reference just now

Ian

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 13:05, Maria Krommyda via Geoserver-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have set up a GeoMesa Accumulo datastore and I would like to fetch the data using a limit and an offset (with some sorting if it is required) but I have not managed to find if this is possible or not.
I have found only this http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Specifying-an-offset-in-a-WFS-GetFeature-request-td3802601.html but it is from 2009 and I cannot find any follow-up.

Can you please let me know if this is possible or not?
Or if there is any tutorial/documentation about what can be used as filter in a WFS GetFeature request?

Thank you very much for you time.

Best regards,
Maria.

Ian Turton

Σχετ: WFS query with limit and offset

GeoServer - User mailing list
Hello Ian,

Thank you very much for your fast response.
I read the blog post that you mentioned and it helped greatly, but I still have one question.

What I have not understood is if the sorting is mandatory, to ensure the smooth retrieval of the information, or not.
I feel that the post implies that it is not mandatory, and some testing that I did seems to confirm that, but I would like to know for sure.
I think that if not specified, the sorting is done by the back end on the first propertyName?

Thank you once more for your time and the helpful information.

Best regards,
Maria.

Στις 3:52 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 20 Αυγούστου 2018, ο/η Ian Turton <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" target="_blank" onclick="return window.theMainWindow.showLinkWarning(this)" href="http://localhost:8080/geoserver/topp/ows?service=WFS&amp;version=1.0.0&amp;request=GetFeature">http://localhost:8080/geoserver/topp/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature
[...]

Thank you very much for this clarification.

Is there a document/tutorial where I can find all the parameters that can be used in a GeoServer URI when querying the data?

Best regards,
Maria.

Στις 7:12 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 20 Αυγούστου 2018, ο/η Ian Turton <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

[...]

Re: Σχετ: WFS query with limit and offset

jratike80

Hi,

Geoserver implements WFS standards so all parameters can be found from  the documents on page http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wfs

Parameters are somewhat different in different WFS versions. That paging does not work in a reliable way without sorting does not come from the standards, it is just a Geoserver peculiarity.

A not complete but faster to read list is in http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/reference.html

Geoserver supports also a simplified method for making queries

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/tutorials/cql/cql_tutorial.html

As far as I know no other WFS server supports CQL queries.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Σχετ: Σχετ: WFS query with limit and offset

GeoServer - User mailing list
Thank you so much!
These are very good links to extremely valuable reading material.

Best regards,
Maria.

Στις 11:32 π.μ. Τρίτη, 21 Αυγούστου 2018, ο/η Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <[hidden email]> έγραψε: