WFS layer over SSL - https disabled in libcurl

WFS layer over SSL - https disabled in libcurl

MökinMuori
I am using ms4w 3.0.3. to configure a WFS client, which requests a remote WFS layer from an SSL (https) server.

I've pasted the server's certificate at the end of the cacert.pem file, and the CURL_CA_BUNDLE seems to be found. However, the WFS GetFeature request fails with curl error code 1 (Protocol host=https not supported or disabled in libcurl).

Libcurl.dll came with the ms4w setup. I have not found a way to fix this...

My connection string in the map file is of form:

CONNECTION "host=https://ws.nls.fi/ktjkii/wfs/wfs user=username password={ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD}"

The log file:

HTTP: Starting to prepare HTTP requests.
Using CURL_CA_BUNDLE=/prgs/ms4w/Apache/conf/ca-bundle/cacert.pem
HTTP request: id=0, host=https://ws.nls.fi/ktjkii/wfs/wfs user=username password={ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD}"
HTTP: Before download loop
HTTP: After download loop
msHTTPExecuteRequests() timing summary per layer (connect_time + time_to_first_packet + download_time = total_time in seconds)
HTTP: request failed with curl error code 1 (Protocol host=https not supported or disabled in libcurl) for host=https://ws.nls.fi/ktjkii/wfs/wfs user=username password={ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD}"
msHTTPExecuteRequests(): HTTP request error. HTTP: request failed with curl error code 1 (Protocol host=https not supported or disabled in libcurl) for host=https://ws.nls.fi/ktjkii/wfs/wfs user=username password={ENCRYPTEDPASSWORD}"
Layer 0: 0.000 + 0.000 + 0.000 = 0.000s
msWFSLayerWhichShapes(): WFS connection error. Got HTTP status -1 downloading WFS layer Palstan tietoja
msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found